SVS PB2-Ultra and surge protector question??

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Scott Goldsmith, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Scott Goldsmith

Scott Goldsmith Stunt Coordinator

I already placed my order for a new PB2-Ultra and I am wondering what to do about the surge protection? With the amount of power and draw that sub probably has, would it be ok to plug it into a surge protector or just run it off the wall? I have a Monster HTS 2600, if placement of the sub permits, would you recommend plugging it into that? Any help would be awesome, I don't want some power outage to kill my new baby [​IMG]

Looking at this product from Monster....

http://www.monstercable.com/productPage.asp?pin=1218

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I paid less than that for my Panamax Sub2, but it looks like the prices went up. Either way, you can get either of those with free shipping from www.powersystemsdirect.com

3. Scott Goldsmith

Scott Goldsmith Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the link, what do you think is the better protection? The Panamax or the Monster?

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Not sure between those two, probably not much of a difference, and they are the same price looked like. For the rest of my system protection I prefer Panamax (using a 5100 for the main system and 4300 for the 2nd).

5. SethH

SethH Cinematographer

If something happens to your equipment do you want Monster to replace it or are you going to rely on insurance? If insurance, then get either one. If you would like Monster to be responsible also, then you'd probably have to buy the Monster one because I'm pretty sure their warranty thing says that everything must be getting power through a Monster device . . . but I could be wrong.