What's new

SVS PB2 Pictures! (1 Viewer)

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
You know, it really isn't THAT big ;^)

Shorter than the mains next to it, and only as wide as a pair of those rather compact Rockets. We actually had this unit designed to go UPS (it just would make their limits) but instead decided to go with Bax Global and a more robust "freight" configuration (complete with the pictured pallet). So far every delivery has been flawless.

At just a tick over 100 pounds and not significantly larger than many other premium subs (Krell, Aerial, the big RELs or Velo HGSs) I'd say it's a reasonable compromise between size, cost and performance. Or that was our goal anyway. The competition targeted was not Sunfire, rather the others above.

Next time we'll ask that the person shot for scale is "Andre the Giant" and not a child I guess ;^)

See one in a corner next to a couch or something and I don't think "beast" will be your impression.

That'll change when the movie starts though. It IS a beast in terms of depth, power and accuracy to the source. That was the guideline surrounding its R/D in any case. If we can ever catch up with demand, maybe we'll finally turn our attention to a small sub.

Probably not though. Too many other big ideas.

Ron

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Like a PB2-Ultra ....PB1-Plus...PB1-Ultra, B4-Ultra, and the list goes on.......

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Maybe even a B4 - Ultra....though you would need new home owners insurance to bring that in the the House....

Jeremy Tebo

Stunt Coordinator
Ron - I noticed that you're in Colorado Springs. (Me too) Is this where SVS are made? Who carries them in town?

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Jeremy,

Sometimes there are literal "garage sales" here of SVS's I've had for photo or test or manual writing purposes -- but generally our subwoofers are only available from our website (click on our mascot below for a link if you care to visit).

All SVSs are built in rural Ohio. Which is good for me. I'd work too many hours if I could get in the production shop and bother the crew on a regular basis. ;^0

Ron

Chip E

Screenwriter
And i'd be willing to bet if your "module" got anywhere within 5 feet of, it'd get eaten. Literally! Look out! :D

Ernest Yee

Supporting Actor
Omg that SVS animation thing is pretty damn great... Oh yeah - I NEVER REALIZED THAT THING WAS SO GI-NORMOUS! I never really understood why anyone would go box after hearing about all the compromises / benefits of the SVS cylinders - but now that the size is factored in, it all makes sense now....

Jeremy Tebo

Stunt Coordinator
Ron-
Cool, I'll have to ask you about those "garage sales" if I end up buying a house here. As it is, my little Onkyo sub provides more than enough bass in my apartment to annoy the neighbors. I bet if I had an SVS, I could make the fat lady that lives above me vibrate across her living room! ;)

By the way, cool animation. I see that your production shop is just outside my sales territory in Ohio too. (Don't worry, I won't try to sell you any computers) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks