What's new

Svs Pb2-isd (1 Viewer)

RyanWarEagle

Agent
What do you guys think about the difference that 2 isd's would have over 4 isd'd? the room is 22x17x8. i am going to add 2 more isd's to my 2 i have now. there will be 2 stacked in each of the back corners. what do you guys think of the configuration? right now i have 2 stcked in one (left) back corner. when i get the other 2 i am going to stack them in the (right) other back corner. what will be the spl advantage with adding 2 more? i love this forum and enjoy the replys. thanks guys and wish me luck!

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
what will be the spl advantage with adding 2 more? i love this forum and enjoy the replys. thanks guys and wish me luck!
__________________________________________________ ______

When you go from one to two, you will gain 6 db colocated. When you add a third you gain another 3 db of headroom colocated. When you go from three to four add another 3 db colocated. So adding another pair to your dual will gain you another 6 db of headroom colocated. Splitting them up like you mention will most likely gain you 3-4 db and might even cause a loss of spl in certain freq. Parting your subs can be a benefit in creating a more uniform sound in all seating positions. Gets a little tricky and all rooms differ.

Rogelio D

Agent
As Steve said, it depends on your room. The TWO TOWERS of ISD's may be hard to dial in, maybe not.

In the long run you might have been beter off going with a B4+ package. About the same money as 4 PB2ISD's.

Email SVS and see what they think.

Good luck!!!

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
If you were to add two more PB2-ISDs. I would definitely give the colocated option a try if your space permits? You will gain the headroom your looking for. Try the other placement option also by all means.

I think I agree with Rogelio. You might be a good candidate for the B4-PLUS ;)

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
I would also second the suggestion of calling Ron at SVS and see what he has to say about it. They will give you the right scoop even if they make less money and thats what I like about them. I have referred several friends their way and not one of them can believe the service they received, the product that eventually came was like icing on the cake.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks