What's new

Svs Pb2-isd (1 Viewer)

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Gar, Wade,

The first of these new SVS's should start trickling out late this week. More each week afterwards. Lots of pre-orders to take care of naturally but we've tried hard to make sure production kept up. It won't be easy when folks see what $899 got them. ;^)

Ron

DonnyD

Screenwriter
All right yall..... the upgradeitis has bit..... and I've ordered one of the PB2-ISD. I certainly am not worrying about whether it is a good deal for the money as everyone who hears my 20-39pc is impressed and it is over 2 years old! My son needs an upgrade to his old sub so I know where to "store" my old pc!
Thanks SVS.... Ron, Tom, Erik for these great products and the great service when needed..... even when we are boneheads and have them set up wrong!

Wade Rob

Auditioning
The first of these new SVS's should start trickling out late this week.
Ron, can I schedule some vacation next week? Did the 1st group of PB2-ISD's go out this week? Planning is everything on my part. If I can't schedule a few vacation days in advance, then I'll be taking some sick days next week. Either way, I'll be home for a few days.:emoji_thumbsup:

Gregory M

Auditioning
The SVS news site has stated that the PB2-ISD has started shipping. Pre-orders are expected to be completed within 1-2 weeks

cidar

Auditioning
did someone has received the PB2-ISD?
how it sounds ?
is the box big?
is it heavy?
i need a delivery to La Paz - Bolivia :frowning:
i'm in the middle of the decision between the 16-46pci+ and this one !

its for an 80% Home Theater & 20% music room

help please

thanks

:D

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
My PB2-ISD arrived today -- 5 days enroute incl air freight by BaxGlobal to California. It came to the door in a moving van size truck with nothing but the SVS and hand trucks inside!

This 150-lb package ships on a pressboard pallet and is tension-strapped fore and aft with some kevlar type strapping. It unfolds like a tv set by opening both ends of the cardboard box and lifting the box away.

It only took a few minutes by myself to huff-puff the 115-lb sub into the only corner available in my living room, lift-moving one sub corner then the other to walk it into place. Arnold Schwarzeneggar not required.

This box is as big as I "feared" so rather than see it protrude into the room, where it sits next to a corner brick-hearth fireplace, I turned the sub lengthwise against the wall. It fits like an end table, and I already have some small mexican-indian straw baskets decorating the top!

Calibration fell within the same numbers as my original SVS 25-31PC(ImprovedDriver): The rcvr subwoofer level set at -16.5dB (with -20 the minimum level) and the SVS amp knob up 1/3 (SVS suggests starting out at 1/4 to 1/3). Ran both S&V and AVIA calibration tones to verify balances. Set the PB2-ISD 3-4dB hot.

I'm following SVS suggestion to start with stock tuning at 25Hz with the optional two port plugs removed.

It's too soon to give any "WOW" reports, since I dont usually go any hotter, which I suspect is the source of most new-SVS reports. Played the LOTR Mordor Ring Story intro and got low vibrations but no physical PUNCH here. That'll come with Das Boot I reckon.

Later, I plan to chart a 88-35Hz low frequency sweep that comes with my Yamaha rcvr to check room mode, tho I'm locked into position.

Sorry, nothing exciting in this report, just the facts...But I definitely am looking forward to getting to know this new SVS!

bill

{I'll prolly offer the orgl SVS 25-31i on HDWE For Sale for Northern Calif person-to-person transaction. Look for it!}

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
some other opinion ?
Yes, I have an opinion. Cider, you can order the PB2-ISD and if you don't like it you can sell it to me for $500 and send it to me. :D :D :D

Actually, last evening, my wife asked which *large* Christmas gift would I like this year. I immediately indicated that something from SVS in the range of $1,000 would suffice. She then responded to me and reminded me that I had a subwoofer in the family room. I then had to tell her that it **wasn't** a sub from SVS, so it wasn't sufficient. I guess this will be open for discussion again over the next few weeks in our household. :)

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Wayne Ernst-In my daily meditation to the sub Gods,I will keep you in mind and plead for you. If I see Santa? I will ask him also.:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks