What's new

SVS PB2-ISD vs Monitor Audio FB210 Please Help (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
I did not assume. When it was posted, you did not correct it at that time. I guess with you, people must read your mind. You owned four SVS subs, cannot prove it, troll all over this thread, and have insulted people repeatedly.

You want things civil ? Saying things like "None of your business", "Hate", mentioning dicks, and saying the owner of a company was condsecending and are anything but reasonable and civil.

You are not a likeable individual, which is bad enough. Being unlikeable AND having nothing credible to print is even worse.

Any one can go on any site and post what you have. Until you prove otherwise, I will consider your ownership in any equipment to be fiction.

Nicholas R

Stunt Coordinator

No trolling and no insults. I have made my opinion clear and for some reason you have the inexplicable need to belittle, assume and make assertions that couldn't be further from the truth because someone dare not like a sub that rather enamours you. This is silliness beyond words.
As I have pointed out without resorting to calling you a liar, insulting your likeability or questioning your credibility I do not possibly care if you believe me or not. Having to "prove" anything to you is a concept I find hysterical. Enjoy your sub and if you can discourse in a civilized and reasonable manner I'm sure someday we'll talk again. Until then have fun with the hobby.
And oh yes above all else it isn't your business. Grasp it this time.

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
When a person says publicly what you did, YOU have made it my business. YOU also made statements about your disposable income and all the equipment you have owned.

At least I posted what I have owned. I have nothing to hide.

If you don't like the SVS, that is fine. It is free will. But for you to attack other forum members here, and make no mistake, you did attack them, and then pretend YOU are the civil one is ludicrous.

You also found the PSB subwoofers to be "boom and rattle" I disagree, though I guess my tenure doing live sound cannot compre to your studio experience. Afterall, we all KNOW live music is not a barometer for verifying a speaker's performance. My favorite job doing sound is when the instruments are not amplified, other than the guitar and vocals... brass and drums are presented without electronics interfering.

I currently, besides the B4+, own A Hsu VTF-3 Mark II, and am testing an STF-1 at the request of Dr. Hsu.

I was also asked to test the Onix UFW-10, and did so. I liked it enough that I purchased four of them (a bargain at $1798 for all four).... a wonderful sealed design.

The VTF-3 Mark II is a great performer for $700 US delivered, and gives a real slice of high end subwoofer performance for a small price. Another good subwoofer, though not quite in the Hsu's league, is the Aperion S-12. Nicely finished, for $599 delivered.

I have done blind testing between SVS and all the subwoofers mentioned here, along with many others, including Velodyne and Paradigm Servo Controlled.

The STF-1 is also another Hsu winner, for $299 delivered, it does a lot of things very well... including extension to 30 Hz.

And last night, I started a project with my brother and his pro audio manufacturing company, and will be assisting them in designing a very high end subwoofer.

Our model ? We will be using a live kick drum for voicing. It will aim for those who want 10 to 50 Hz performance at high levels.

There has been a pretty consistent pattern about what I post on the forums, Nicholas. I do not like people who come on with the idea of putting down any product. If a guy is excited about his new Bose system, I will congratulate him. In fact, the type of "man" I will always challenge is those who post just to demean others, and their new product purchase, like you do.

And when I do comparisions, I let people know ahead of time what the comparison will be, where it will be done, post pictures of the products being tested, and welcome civil conversation about those products. I have also found products I preferred to SVS in different price ranges. Including blind tests in which I picked the VTF-3 Mark II over the SVS 25-31 pc+.

And the "pack mentality" of SVS owners when I posted this ? They thanked me for the honesty. You can find this comparison on the AVS forum... it was titled "Why have a subwoofer shootout?" Again, take note, everything I post, I back up.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Not to mention how wacky it is that someone who knows Thiel speakers so well, but does not take the time to critique them in ways that someone who are not familiar with them can understand their disadvantages. I smell a little elitism here, something that I do not smell from the other "high-end" aficionados that I find credible and knowledgable. Something tells me if questioned about Thiel on a Thiel supportive website, the reply would be "Think SVS, that's the easiest way to grasp how I hear them".:D

Nicholas R

Stunt Coordinator
Craig again you make me laugh. I am glad you think you take the high road. I have a lot of folks who setup mikes and do sound reinforcement for me when I'm recording and I am always grateful for the ones who can just give a hand with no ego involved. They know their position, accept it and do it well.
Doing live symphonic recordings for some 25 plus years I'm rather familiar with the "sound" of live music but as usual thanks for everything you make your business. I'm sure other folks here appreciate you parachuting in and saving them.
Anyway good luck in the future with all your little projects and take care.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
I must say this has been one of the more "interesting" SVS "dislike" threads I have seen in a while. In some ways more difficult to discern actual credibility, what with all the flowery high-end brands and experience dropping out of the sky (not to mention "a LOT" of other equipment that was not named), but in other ways easier to see through than most. I mean, after all, even Bob A proved to us he actually owned his Def-Techs *and* he *admitted* to have never owned an SVS (just heard it over "this dude's house") or even an SPL meter (and he was even proud of that fact!). But then again, Bob A was a LOT more entertaining because of his blatant ignorance. This high-end elitism with no specifics is just boring compared to good ol' Bob.

Nicholas R

Stunt Coordinator
My concern for you IS genuine Craig and again I am sure everyone here is relieved to have you as their spokesperson.
Enjoy your speakers.

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Nicholas... If I was Ron Stimpson, I would send you a PB2 Ultra free. You have probably sold more subwoofers for them over the past few days than ANY magazine review ever could.

Dr. Hsu is a friend also, I know you have already stated you like Hsu subwoofers, but If you would start a "I hate Hsu" thread on AVS, Hsu sales will also soar... think about it, ok ?

Enjoy being you.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

(bonk myself on the head!) That's what I forgot from my list of things you see in an "I hate SVS" thread - the "You just sold me on and SVS, thanks" or "I'm not in the market right now, but I'll be buying SVS when I am just to spite this guy" posts.

Thanks for reminding me, I knew I forgot something!:D

Ned

Supporting Actor
Newsflash:

SVS and HSU sound very similar. You can't hate one and like the other.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Yes, I did forget. The thing I cannot understand is given the relative scarcity of used SVS's, this guy got 4 of them, one of which is a PC-Ultra, while having only been a member of HTF since May 4, 2004. Now he may may been able to hear about SVS elsewhere, it is quite possible, and he may have been able to aquire a used SVS from other sources. But to aquire 4 used SVS's and never giving a peep to this site asking about quality, sound, reputation, etc.

Ooops, I forgot. He buys a "LOT" of equipment (most of it used).

Nicholas R

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff there's a whole big world outside of HTF and I certainly never felt compelled to validate my opinion or seek advice from the flock. I am more than capable of making my own mind up and yep SVS can be learned about in other ways than HTF.Whoda thunk it?
Wouldn't say much for their marketing if this SVS support site was the only way to learn about 'em.
Almost 100% used. I was told this would be a decent site to pick up some equipment at good prices.

Tony Genovese

Supporting Actor
Nicholas is just pissed off he lost out on the used SVS deal here a few weeks ago and is going to let SVS, HTF, Thiel and the world have it...

BTW, Nicholas, as I'm a BIG classical music fan (I own over 1000 CDs, SACDs and DVD-As which I will NOT list), care to share some of your releases. I'd be interested in sampling your work.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

That's an understatement if I ever heard one.:D (yet you still post it to SVS threads every chance you get)

EDIT:
By the way Nicholas, if you owned a 20-39PCi and found it lacking because of the "Thiel sound", why these posts:

WTB SVS Sub

FS: SVS 25-31 PCi $325

I know you are asking for a 25-31PCi, but even SVS's website says they are practically identical in sound except for extension and max SPL's.

Curiouser and curiouser ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks