What's new

SVS PB2-ISD vs Monitor Audio FB210 Please Help (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Nicholas, You say you owned four SVS. Under what name did you purchase them, and if your privacy dictates you do not want to publish the name here, PM it to Ron Stimpson so he will confirm the orders.

For my End, all the subwoofers I owned were purchased under my name, and anyone is welcome to check with the Factory Direct people (Hsu, SVS, Rocket etc..)

The two local stores were Studio One / Warren Radio and House of Records in Pennsylvania....

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I too find it curious that Nicholas has responded to every semi-cheap-shot reply to his posts but ignored the well written, ernest and sincere post of the actual owner of SVS. As I said in the other thread, these types of "I've heard dozens of SVS's and I think they are crap... don't hold up to xxx, yyy...need a swift kick in the $%^... etc." threads pop up all the time and if I may give my opinion, this is just another in a long line of unoriginal statements that don't hold up to the barest scrutiny available.

JMHO.

Nicholas R

Stunt Coordinator
Where did he respond? As for cheap shots of course I would respond but ultimately it really doesn't matter. People hear what thay want to and if they're happy then sobeit. For me at this moment SVS does not cut it. It really is not a big deal and it's curious why people get so hysterical when someone disagrees with them. It's almost as bad as video card debates.

In terms of mid fi receivers I find Yamaha and Denon almost unlistenable and prefer Marantz but I don't see Yammy owners, whining, taking cj=heap shots or circling the wagons like a gaggle of SVS owners should you DARE to say gee I don't happen to like the product. Pretty insecure.

Nicholas R

Stunt Coordinator
Tact doesn't enter into it. I have an opinion and I expressed it. Deal with it. You'd do well to understand it doesn't reflect on your manhood if someone doesn't like you choice in subs. SVS owners would do well to grasp this very simple concept.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Post #57, Nick. The longest post on the page, complete with the blue highlighted SV Subwoofers under his name and beginning with "Ron from SVS here". 2 posts above the "Nirvana" post that Frank made and if I may say so, a quite polite request for your input on how to improve his product to your liking. If only we all had as much class (me included, but I'm much more jaded than Ron).

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
I did mean Nicholas, and I edited that. And Nicholas, it is pretty easy to prove one's ownership of the product. If you DID in fact own four seperate SVS products, prove it.

In light of your statement that you have owned more subwoofers than I have socks, I posted most of the subwoofers we have had in our home.

Now it is your chance. Which SVS subwoofers did you purchase, and under what name were they purchased ?

Nicholas R

Stunt Coordinator
Craig I have owned more equipment, not subs, than you have socks. All 4 were purchased used as I rarely if ever buy new.

qualen

Agent
So you have bought 4 used svs subs? But don't remember the model #'s? But still open to consider them in the future? And hate them at the same time?

:rolleyes:

I think its time to stop feeding the troll guys.

Nicholas R

Stunt Coordinator
Nice selective comprehension. Of course I know what the models were.

20-39PC
20-39PCi
PCU
CS Plus.
Haven't had a box series yet but at some point if I find the right price I will.

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Nicholas,

SVS warranties are fully transferable, and SVS requests when we sell a sub to let them know the model number and the new owner's name to transfer the warranty. I know I did (at SVS' request) when I sold an SVS. Surely not all four of the people you bought used from were so stupid as to not share this information with SVS?

-Robb

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Seems those SVS haters almost always buy them used (or heard them at a "friend's" house, or know a guy who had "13 people listen to an A/B test and every one of them said it sounded like crap").

And Nick still has not replied to Ron's post (maybe I should supply a link instead of a post number?).

Curiouser and curiouser . . .

DonnyD

Screenwriter
This is the second thread that has been taken over by negatives toward SVS.....and I, too, take offense at the tone of one who "hates" a certain company that many others have found to be honest and reputable and most of all have taken great steps at pleasing ALL. (although I understand that would be a far-reaching objective.) As Ron eloquently pointed out, negative views are necessary in order for any company to grow but some comments here seem aimed at disruption rather than construction....

I just hope that future "SVS..." threads don't continue as these have and most of us are left to enjoy an online conversation about the joys of owning a SVS..... or whatever else we "love" or appreciate.

Nicholas R

Stunt Coordinator
I read his post and thought it condescenscion disguised as concern. And I NEVER said they sounded like crap I have said there are BETTER subs. Try to get what I'm saying. It is an opinion. If they made a sub that was what I was looking for I would switch in a heartbeat. I would not however join the minions who deify them.

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Most of us are not KIDS and the word MINIONS is a derogatory term that you have added to continue your insulting remarks to those of us here at HTF.

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Nicholas, We are getting closer. Were they purchased new ? and If so, under what name ? And Ron was being sincere, not condescending. I hope that does not threaten your manhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks