What's new

SVS PB12Plus vs PB12+2 (1 Viewer)

Gary Shipley

Second Unit
I'm really stuck and need some help with a decision. I want to upgrade my JBL pb12(250 watts) with a SVS. I'm torn between the PB12 Plus and the Plus2. The room is 26' long and 14' wide with no open doorways. I contacted SVS and they told me the PB12 Plus would probably work fine in the room, but if I liked to watch action movies at reference level, I should go with the Plus2. The problem is,I'm not sure what is considered "reference level". I watch my movies fairly loud but I don't know if they are at reference level.I personally think the PB12 Plus would work quite well since it is twice the wattage I'm using now. I just need nudge in one direction or the other. Thanks

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Either of those subs will completely embarrass your existing sub. Wattage doesn't tell you something meaningful about these subs, but it should suffice to say that even with a single Plus, you will have no problem telling the difference between the JBL and the SVSs. If price and size aren't an issue though, I see no reason not to go with the Plus/2. You definitely won't need another upgrade anytime soon.

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
You could never have to much headroom, there's always a knob to turn it down! ;)

MikeNg

Second Unit
{{nudge}}----> PB12+2, and be done with it (at least for a while!).

Don't bother comparing wattage. It's a moot point with these creatures (built-in amps specifically designed for a specific speaker/enclosure).

Matt Fig

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt Fig
I have the SVS PB12-Plus and I love it. You can contact the SVS people and they may have a recommendation and help for you.

Gary Shipley

Second Unit
Thanks to everyone for their responses. I just ordered the PB12 Plus and now my only problem is waiting for it to show up! I went with it mainly because price is an issue for me. It will allow me to do some other things and still get a significant upgrade in the sub dept.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Great choice. I'm sure it will be plenty of sub. I have a custom Plus running in my room right now and it is quite impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks