What's new

SVS PB12Plus is here! (1 Viewer)

Gary Shipley

Second Unit
Let me start by saying I was not prepared for what was coming. The overall size of this thing just knocked me over! It looks like a dorm fridge laying on its side! Once my neighbor and I got it inside,down the stairs and into the theater, I needed a break. Sooo, I just sat and looked at it for about 5 minutes to catch my breath, then prepared to hook the beast up. I spent about an hour slowly calibrating everything to what I thought was right and got a dvd. Lord of the Rings"Return of the King" was my first choice. The battle scene with the giant elephants was where I went. Oh yeah!! Thats what I'm talk'in about!! To say I was pleased is an understatement. I have never experienced lows of that caliber before. I also tested parts of "King Kong", "Spiderman", & "Jurassic Park". I still want to spend some time fine tuning, but my initial settings will get me through until I've watched 2 or 3 movies all the way through. Just let me say, if you have been have wondering whether or not to get an SVS, stop wondering, get it, and don't look back. You will not be sorry. I'd also like to thanks the folks at SVS for turning out such an excellent product. I now feel I have a home theater I can really be proud of.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Congrats Gary.. It's quite a treat setting up and experiencing your first real sub isn't it? Back in the day the material on VHS and then DVD was far and in-between compared to what is spun today as far as LFE goes.. many don't know what they're missing. You have a sub that'll take advantage of whats mixed now though.:)

Joe S.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe
I have a PB12+/2 as well. Bringing it into your HT the first feels like Tom Cruise in War of the Worlds when that tripod climbs out of the ground and screams. Huge, overpowering, a little scary, then louder than all hell.

The most important speaker in a 5.1 or 7.1 setup is the .1, good bass makes ALL the others sound 10x better. I love my SVS...

CWiz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chuck Webb
^^ I know exactly what u guys mean.

my g/f and room mate moved the sub in and put it in the middle of the living room (i was at work) they were both like 'thanks for nothing' when i was talking to them before i got in and wasn't sure why. when i came home i saw why. the thing was about 2x bigger than i thought it was going to be and all of 110 lbs. i couldnt be happier though. :D
w/ the klipsch tower's shattering highs, the PB12+ kicks in more base than is cautionable. :P i keep the amp at about 50% and the auto calibration on my onkyo receiver puts the sub level at about -4 w/ the fronts at +5 and the center at +6 just to keep up. i admit, i still have to get a dB meter and calibrate for myself

this thing will probably be the only sub i'll ever need for my home theater even if my room gets twice as big. i plan on upgrading the satalites eventually but i'm set w/ the sub

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks