What's new

SVS PB12-Plus or the Axiom EP500 (1 Viewer)

HarpSingh

Agent
I'm looking to buy either the SVS PB12-Plus or the Axiom EP500. My net cost after shipping to Canada would be the same for the two.

My room is 18x14x8 feet, with one side completely open to the kitchen and dining area. There is another open doorway leading to the stairwell foyer. My listening style is 70% movies, 30% music (jazz and lite-rock), and mostly at low to mid level volumes - seldom at very loud settings.

SVS clearly has a strong well accepted following, and would probably sound better for HT than the Axiom. The Axiom, on the other hand, a higher model in its line-up, has recently gotten lots of acclaim.

Comments?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Either. Caution, this one question has the potential to start another one of those huge debates as it has in the past. My personal preference would be the PB-12+. Low to mid volumes mostly, you can probably get by with a PB-12, not even a Plus, but with the Plus you won't be looking to upgrade for a lot longer :) I haven't heard the EP-500, still waiting for my chance to hear it locally from a friend of mine, so I can't comment on it subjectively. From the discussions and info I've gleaned from various reviews and people, the SVS would remain my initial recommendation. Once I get a chance to hear it, I will post up impressions of the EP500.

DavidSGT

Stunt Coordinator
Hiya HarpSingh,

Have to add my 2 cts here.

Just added a PB12+ to my aging HT and result WOW, maybe its because of the AVIA and Ratshack SPL meter(that I bought together with the sub)that helped but my guess is that the SVS did most of the work...again, WOW.

You won't go wrong by choosing the SVS...

Regards.
DavidSGT

Don Scott

Stunt Coordinator
HarpSingh, unfortunately I don't think you can get a objective response on this forum regarding SVS being compared to another product.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

Not sure what you mean by that, because 95% of everything you read on a public forum is an opinion and should be treated as such. That is what he asked for afterall.

Since you are in Canada, have you also considered the HSU VTF-3 or VTF-3HO? There are stores in Canada that carry HSU, IIRC.

Don Scott

Stunt Coordinator

I mean that this forum is very pro SVS. So when I see someone ask a sub question, especially one where they are comparing SVS to another product, I have a little chuckle and shake my head. There should be a sticky in this forum titled :"Got A sub Question? Get an SVS":)

I'm not questioning the quality of SVS but it's shoved down your throat at every turn. I need new mains, get an SVS! Should I get the yamaha 5990?, get an SVS! How is the new (any brand sub)? Get an SVS!
Then there is all the bickering between fanboys of competing products!:angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks