Svs pb12-plus or dual outlaw subs

Jiggyk4

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike ernst
Just wanting to get some help choosing between either buying the svs pb12-plus or going with dual lfm-ex's in a 3800 sq ft basement. I mostly watch movies and want whatever is going to give me the best quality bass for ht use. I currently have aperion verus grand speakers and emotiva xpa-5 with integra 40.2 receiver. Any help would be great

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Dual subs are almost always the easiest to work with when it comes to evening out bass...
But, one prodigious sub, with proper placement/control, should work in a room that size.
For a while I owned a Von Schweikert VR-9(I think that was the model) in a room about that size and it was more than up to the task...
Also, don't know what AVR you are using...but...
Quite often you can set up your mains for 40hz and let the sub, by itself, play under that(that depends what AVR you have).
You could also use one enormous sub at 40-50hz and under and add two MBM to work from 40-50 to 80.

Jiggyk4

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike ernst
I currently have an lfm-ex but it is placed next to my left tower and im just wondering if the front firing svs would be better than my down firing outlaw or does that even matter? Im not sure if you can tell by my pic how my room is set up but i cant figure out how post a pic

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Front(or the comically labeled "side firing"...) or bottom makes zero difference.
I don't think you can post pics till post 3(your next one...), but you can see above where you type...the "paper clip"...
If you have room nulls making your bass disappear, you can always use REW, AntiMode...or a 2nd sub.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
That is a MASSIVE basement. Based on the cost of the Outlaws, that's a budget of $1,200. You may be able to get 3 Epik Legends for that price. Each one has double the surface area (dual drivers) of the subs you
Are you handy with power tools? For that budget you could build something no retail sub could touch.

Jiggyk4

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike ernst
The basement is 30x16x8 and i really dont want to build my own and i see that the outlaws are on sale now till tuesday which is why i was thinking about getting another i think this weekend i will try moving the sub around and see if that helps i also am going to check into the epiks maybe i will return the outlaw and go that route

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Georgiastevenson