What's new

SVS PB10 Vs AperionAudio S-10 (1 Viewer)

I'm currently using an Aperion 8" APR sub http://aperionaudio.com/products/pr...rion+Subwoofers. Musically it is the best sub I've come across, I can hear elements of music that were never present with other subs. The only problem I have with this sub is it's home theater performance.

This is were the SVS PB10 and Aperion S-10 come in. When I demoed the S-10 at Aperion there was a clear difference in the musical experience. The S-10 lacked some clarity in certain areas. There seems to be a huge fan base for the PB10. I'm eager to know how it performs musically. I have no doubt it shakes the floor home theater wise. My concern is the balance between music playback and tight movie floor shaking bass. I haven't come across many people that have listened to the S-8" APR sub so it's tough to get an honest comparison. It would be interesting to hear your opinions.

~james

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
An 8" sub will likely be better with music because it plays the lower midrange cleaner because it is going to be a bit more controlled (in general, all depends on the sub). I have the PB-10 and I am very happy with it, including with music. I had a HSU VTF-2 before and it had maybe a slight edge with music, but it did not extend nearly as low. With the PB-10 I got 90% of the musical quality and more low end grunt, a good compromise if you ask me.

the sub is has a 2 sealed Passive Radiators, I think this allows for really clean bass in music. It's going to be tough to upgrade and lose this. I wish I could demo an svs sub

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
www.audioenvy.com

Subs with passive radiators are sealed by design, and they do tend to be somewhat "tighter" than vented designs, though that definitely does not mean you can't get good bass from a vented design.

How about a Adire Audio Rava? It's a sealed 12". ***Oops. Just noticed the new design jumped to $799 from $399... Maybe you can look around for a used version 1?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks