What's new

SVS PB10-ISD Subwoofer Test & Review (1 Viewer)

MuneebM

Supporting Actor
Yes John, thanks, I've seen that thread. I'm trying to decide whether I should get a PB10-ISD (if SVS can make it more accessible for us Canadians) or if I should spend a bit more and get an HSU STF-3 (from the Canadian distributor of HSU subs). I understand from your thread that the PB10-ISD is better than the STF-2, but I wonder how it compares to an STF-3 and if the price difference for an STF-3 is worth it. Then again, I could always go for the PB12-ISD :D

http://207.107.210.136/sigserv/pl/index.pl?p=122
My DVD Collection

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member

I have not tested the STF-3 outside ground plane, so the numbers on those subs cannot be directly compared. Eventually, I'd like to retest both the PB12-ISD and the STF-3 outside and update that review, just to be more consistent with my current methodology.

Based on what I know about the two subs, the PB10-ISD will extend deeper. The PB10-ISD will have higher clean (i.e., distortion limited) output below 25 Hz. The STF-3 will have greater dynamic output capability, and will also have higher clean output above 25 Hz.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks