What's new

SVS PB10-ISD or KSW-12 (1 Viewer)

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
As a rule of thumb, I advise a 2-2.5 dB boost in the sub pre/pro level each time a port is plugged and the tune is lowered.
__________________________________________________ _____

Well advised Ed. This works out very well and negates the need to recalibrate each time the tune is changed. One can go ahead and calibrate at each tune level to set their mind at ease on the necessary calibration settings but after doing so you will find that the 2-2.5 db bump works out very well.

Himanshu_S

Stunt Coordinator
Well anything beyond 20-39 PCi is not in my budget for sure. Even 20-39 PCi is pushing it. I'm looking for good comparison between the PB10 and PCi. One thing I noticed that SVS did not create the woofer for the PB10, it's TC-Sounds. I'm not familiar with their name, reputation & quality. PCi uses SVS built woofer. I'm not sure how much of a difference this makes.
Thanks for the replies.

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member

Expect them to sound very similar up to the clean limits of the PB10-ISD. The PCi will be able to play a few dB louder at max volume. If you don't play really loud, then go for the PB10-ISD.

Himanshu_S

Stunt Coordinator
Ok thanks for the advice. I'm going to get the PB10. I think it should be good enough for now.

Dr. Anthony Rosalia

Stunt Coordinator
Another plus is the PB10-ISD also comes in colors: Black, Gray, White and Tan. The White, Tan and Gray ship immediately and the Black will be backordered a week to 2 weeks.

Here i'll make it easy for you click here Hint hint nudge nudge :)

Himanshu_S

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry little too late. I placed the order right after posting it. Didn't know plasmadocs was authorized SVS dealer. Oh well. I would have had to wait either way since they are backordered on both sites.

Dr. Anthony Rosalia

Stunt Coordinator
Yup we are the only other online store in existence aside from SVS that can sell them. We also are exclusive dealers of alot of other stuff people don't know about like Ascend Acoustics and Onix Rocket and Showcase-Signs to name a few. We are working with Axiom, Aperion and Orb as well. Probably we will have the full Pinnacle line in a while. I have to get Ron to put out a news bulletin or something that we are an official SVS retailer :) They have a link back to us on their site. Oh well, a day late and a dollar short lol. You are getting an awesome speaker, which is all that matters. :) Just try not to wake the neighbors...it's REAL easy lol.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
>>>Sorry little too late. I placed the order right after posting it. Didn't know plasmadocs was authorized SVS dealer. Oh well. I would have had to wait either way since they are backordered on both sites.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
No problem at all Himanshu. Be sure to let me know if you have any setup or calibration questions once the SVS arrives. Email me at [email protected] ...we are here 7 days a week..:)

Thank you very much for the order!

Tom V.
SVS

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

Uh this is where we pass around the collection plate for all those have-nots this holiday season who YEARN for the bass....can I get a $20 and an AMEN? Hehe.
__________________________________________________ _______

Would an AMEN do?... :laugh:

-THTS

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
I thought bass lovers already had a religious organization - The cult of the Infinite Baffle ?

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks