What's new

SVS PB1+ New Owner and 110% Satisfied (1 Viewer)

Paul_J_D

Auditioning
Well, I don't really post here very often but I felt that credit was due as it is rightfully deserved.

I'm the proud new owner of a Mercury Red SVS PB1+. This sub has exceeded my expectations. The quality of the craftmanship in the woodwork and the sound quality is beyond belief at its price.

I want to publically and personally thank Edward J M who recommended this amazing subwoofer to me. I want to also thank Tom V. and Ron S. for their outstanding customer support during the selection / purchasing process. Absolutely great people to communicate with.

I have a Polk LSi HT speaker setup with a B&K receiver wired with Transparent wire. Needless to say, my expectations are always very high and I've been through a lot of gear in the past year. I'm the type who always seems to have doubts or second guesses audio decisions (hard to please unfortunately). With the PB1+ I have experienced none of these symptoms. It is as advertised and then some. It may just be the best addition to my home theater yet.

Thanks Ed and SVS. Another very proud and happy SVS owner.

Paul

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
It is pretty impressive. I loved hearing it at Ron's house. Yes he invited me into his home just to demo me some SVS subs. Amazing. They sound so transparent(no pun intended)! They just dissapear. SVS's customer service is incredible.

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the props, Paul. :)

Many are skeptical, and I tell them - "trust me on this one; it's an SVS".

And the results are predictably the same every time: "Wow, best investment I ever made in my HT/music system". SVS is the Bass Authority.

Paul was kind enough to post some pics over at Club Polk and I was pleasantly surprised to see the custom seam work on the cabinet trickled down from the B4-Plus to the PB1-Plus - very nice touch.

Here's the real deal........

Zack_R

Stunt Coordinator
Great looking sub you got there Paul! Equipped with the PEQ feature too. Very nice.

What are the dimensions?

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Just wait... a year from now you'll be replacing some grout arount those floor tiles from that sub! I've got a PB2+ and am worried about the floor under the thing.... gets pretty violent down under there....

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Yes if you look close, you will notice the side panel on the Polk speaker is already coming loose.:)

Paul_J_D

Auditioning
The dimensions are 19" wide X 25" tall (including base plate) X 26" long.

Yes, the parametric equalizer will come in handy as I do have a small peak to tame around 35 hz.

Definitely a lot of performance and value in this sub.

Paul

Chester II

Stunt Coordinator
Paul dude,

It's great getting excited about a new product that exceeds expectations. Having said that, however, is your floor all exposed tile? Please tell me there's an area rug in the middle of the room.

Dude,

Chester

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
You might think about a small throw rug with one of those thin things that go underneath the rugs to keep them in place. (sorry I don't know what they are called) but any store will have them with like the kitchen floor mats and such. Anyway alot of folks with slick floors have had problems keeping their subs to stay in one place and this seems to have been the answer.

Mike Reeter

Agent
Paul,I followed your sub dilemma at the Polk forum...I'm glad you have gotten a sub that is worthy of the rest of your system...Dr. Spec has to be one of the most knowledgeable individuals I've had the pleasure to "know"

I recently ordered an SVS myself,and I'm finding it VERY HARD to be patient...I know it will be well worth the wait though...beautiful piece of furniture you have there...

Paul_J_D

Auditioning
Thanks guys. I've spent most of the morning (holiday for us down here in New Orleans due to Mardi Gras.. but the weather is horrible for parades) rearranging the living room. I have now corner loaded the sub and its like I unleashed a tiger. Totally different FR even though I didn't change a thing but placement. Still running some calibrations and different phase settings per some tips that Ed gave me. However, now room nulls have turned into peaks and vice versa. Still at it.

It appears that the subwoofer signal that I am using to calibrate the sub is in a room null at about 45 hz. So this is something that I'm fighting off as well.

I do have a nice sized area rug and leather sofas in the room on the opposite side but yes the room is somewhat lively and one of the reasons I like the Polk LSi due their neutral and flat nature. Same applies to the Transparent as it seems to tame things down without losing detail.

The SVS came with some rubber half-cut spheres that I have placed underneath it. She hasn't moved much yet but thanks for that tip as well.

I'll post a picture of the reorganization once I figure out how to attach an image.

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks