SVS PB1-ISD or HSU-VTF-2

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by DaleL, Feb 21, 2004.

1. DaleL

DaleL Auditioning

The SVS model is $599 plus shipping and the HSU model is $450 shipping included back ordered untill late March . Is the SVS $150 plus shipping better ? I am willing to wait for the better buy . I want a box sub so the less expensive cylinder subs are out of the question . Is it safe to say I am comparing two subs of fairly equal performance ? I do not want to start a food fight here guys .

2. WayneO

WayneO Supporting Actor

Haven't seen anyone compare the two subs you mention. Of course sound quality is subjective so unless you hear them you really can't do much but compare specs. Based on the larger enclosure, bigger driver, more powerful amp and lower tune, the SVS looks to be the better performer. Both companies have great reps, but I've seen numerous posts about STF-2 returns for one reason or another, doesn't mean it's always the subs fault. I've read nothing but happy customers for the PB1. But.......the Hsu STF-3 would be the proper sub to compare it to, they are very much alike in size and price. Between those two, it's a shot in the dark. It's going to be a gut decision I suppose, and yes, maybe waiting times are different and will influence your decision.

3. CurtisSC

CurtisSC Screenwriter

I agree with Wayne...the proper comparison would be the STF-3 and PB1-ISD.

Dale, since you are in L.A., Hsu Research is in Anaheim, and I highly recommend a visit to their demo room. Give them a call to set up an appointment.