SVS PB-12plus and the wife agrees!

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by DavidCooper, Jun 19, 2005.

1. DavidCooper

DavidCooper Stunt Coordinator

Just bought a new house and due to the configuation of the living room our SVS 20-39PC+ will not be ideal. Bummer but on the good news side I showed the wife the New finishes available in the PB-12plus series and she LOVES the rosewood!

So it looks like I'll be getting a new SVS box sub and she gets to choose the finish...LOL. I would assume the PB-12plus will sound pretty much identical to our 20-39PC+ but it will be much more "stealthy" [​IMG] She was never crazy about our big black "water heater" in the corner although she liked the way it sounded!

Anyone have one of the PB-12plus subs? Comments on it?

2. MikeLi

MikeLi Supporting Actor

Well I have the older model of 2 years ago called the PB2+ and have been in love with it ever since. It took the place of dual 12" whoofs from a name brand company and ate them up for dinner. This thing not only sounds good but can put out some pretty good air pressure which I love on movies which is 99% of its use. I would be buying another one now if they came in oak but they don't so I have a SVS PB12Ultra ordered. It has the bigger woof but not duals. I am going to put it up against my PB2+ and see how much difference there is. My room is not that big.. 15X24 maybe and never had the PB2+ over 1/2 gain so I am hoping this new one will work we have our entertainment center on the long wall so our listening /viewing area is like 12', plus it will match all my other things in the room instead of just being black... Good luck you will love that sub...!

3. DavidCooper

DavidCooper Stunt Coordinator

Cool Mike....PB12 Ultra will be nice!

I can't wait to see the rosewood finish on the one I'm going to order. It will blend in nicely with everything else.

Now I have to find a local buyer for my other SVS...don't want to even try shipping that beast! LOL