SVS PB 10, Hsu STF-1, or STF-2

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by RickTop, Feb 16, 2006.

1. RickTop

RickTop Extra

Guys, i need some more advice:

i am interested in Hsu's STF-1 but am worried if it will be enough of a sub. in my old house, we had an SVS PCi sub and i loved it. so, in my price range, i am looking at the PB10.

i really need to not spend the extra money as im also buying speakers, a reciever, and a plasma display, but i also need to not buy a product that is not for me.

so, IF the STF-1 is too small: STF-2 or PB 10?

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    The STF-2 can't compete with the PB-10 when it comes to extension. I had a VTF-2 and the PB-10 at the same time. Output was similar up top, but the PB-10 wins without question when it comes to the lows. How big is the room?

3. RickTop

RickTop Extra

Room is about 20x12 with a 6x2 nook on one end and stairs up, stairs down, and kitchen entry. ceilings are 9 or 10 foot ceilings.

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    The PB-10 will probably be cutting it close. I will say I've heard it in a ~19x14 room (able to be closed off) and it sounded quite good. In my 19x20 room (with high vaulted ceilings), it was surprisingly good, just not moving quite enough air for the amount of space I have. It depends on whether you want amazing bass or simply awsome [​IMG]