What's new

SVS Passive Subs: How are your speakers wires connected? (1 Viewer)

Barry Barnes

Stunt Coordinator
I am wondering what method you recommend for connecting speakers wires to your CS series passive subs? Are there any Spade connectors that you know of that actually fit (nice ones) or preferably banana plugs that fit?

RajeeK

Second Unit
I have banana plugs into the Samson S1000 and bare wire into the subs. No problems what so ever.

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
Bare 12ga here. I have seen 90 degree bananas somewhere that would work. Spades are good, too, but I like bare wire.

Sorry for the lack of good info...

Kevin_W

Second Unit
Barry,

I too also use bare 12g Home Depot wire on the amp and on the subs. Not a problem at all.

Barry Barnes

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Guys. I had tried bare wire (I'm using 12 gauge Esoteric) but when I went to screw down the terminals they softof got cockeyed and went on at an angle.
After reading your suggestions, I took another look and stripped off a bit more of the insulation. After that, they screwed down more evenly. It would be nice if SVS sold some nifty banana plugs that would work with these puppies. It would sure make moving them around the room to find the best placement alot easier! In the end though, I do love these bad boys and plan to leave them right where they are now. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks