What's new

SVS packaging (1 Viewer)

Dan Halchak

Stunt Coordinator
Call or e-mail SVS, they will ship you out another sub and fight with UPS about it being delivered (Damaged in shipping). You'll just have to wait a day or two for them to ship you another one. :)
Sorry to hear & see how damaged that box was...but at least your working with a company that will correct the issue quickly!

Jon_Gregory

Stunt Coordinator
Be sure to post your progress to let us know how things go with the return and everything. There is no reason for the box to be that damaged. I had my 53" RPTV delivered in pristine condition with not a mark on the box, across the country, so there is no excuse for this. With how well people on this forum talk about SVS, there should be no problem with the return.

Keep us informed.

Jason Brent

Second Unit
Have heard many horror stories about UPS. It was quite pernicious of them to do that to you, and even insulting to actually deliver it like that.

I'm sure it will all work out in the end.

Daniel_AVR

Grip
I don't think such a situation is exclusive to UPS, I had my share of bad experience with various carrier myself..

UPS, FedEx, Purolator, USPS... all had one time screwed a package for me....

I had an HK AVR525 with 3 feet completely torn and broken from the steel frame.... from USPS

I had a sub amp with a cracked IC inside.... sponsored by FedEx

My friend sold a mint condition Sony ES receiver over eBay, the guy receive it with a snapped main board from UPS... with the double packaging he used you simply can't broke it by dropping it.... you needed to dump the whole skid from the airplane....without parachute...

We also saw a Purolator guy throw a "fragile" marked pack inside the back of the truck... we give him a shit load and called his boss...

Some carrier employees don't fuc.... care about your goods.... I think they're not warned enough about respecting package they have under their responsibility...

You better pack with a long goat trip over Afghanistan mountains trail in mind.....

But lights packs always show here in great condition.... as weight increase, damage probability increase too...

That picture needs to get sent some VP at UPS.

That's just nasty treatment, lol, in all my Ebay purchases I've never seen anything close to that kinda package abuse. I'm suprised they even delivered it.

terence

Supporting Actor
I guess printing the word "fragile" is like an invite to go over kick, beat, drop & drag the $h%t out a package! That box look like it pissed someone off and it got it's ass kicked. I wonder if don't print "fragile" what will happen, hmmmmm i just wonder would the opposite happen.

Miles Lucasso

Stunt Coordinator
Here's the update:

I emailed Ron at SVS yesterday, after making this post.

I haven't heard back from him yet, he must be on vacation or something, as he's usually very prompt to get back to you.

I got an email from Erik at SVS last night. He said he thought the sub would be fine, but said,

"Damge to the sub is not something I have to live with. I can box it up and send it back and they will work it out with UPS."

Though he also said, "the sub is currently backordered and you may have to wait a couple of weeks before a new one is shipped out."

If I'm willing to live with the small dent on the corner, and small abrasion on the side, they will discount the order 10% so I don't have to go through the hassel of sending it back.

As I said before, my biggest concern is that something internal may have been damaged in some way that is not immediately obvious, but would become so over time.

Man...decisions...

What do guys think I should do?

-miles

WayneO

Supporting Actor
Just based on the looks of the box alone would've made me refuse that package. The abuse that thing went through looks pretty bad. Send it back and I would contact someone at UPS with that picture to ask them how they find this kind of treatment acceptable.

Dan Halchak

Stunt Coordinator
I say ship it back...

I know it sucks to have to wait, but when you spend all that money, might as well get exactly what you deserve. I don't think I could live with a little scratch (unless I did it myself). Get one that you deserve, I mean it's not like everyone else has their boxes coming that way!!!!

Jon_Gregory

Stunt Coordinator
Send it back. It is worth the wait to get a nice product without a ding and dented corner, not to mention the other possible damage. It is unfortunate that things like this happen. It is one of the unpredictable aspects of buying on-line or by phone and having it shipped to you. The shipping company is just one more link that can go wrong.

But I have been burned by UPS before too with my ebay purchases. I actually received a box that had a big hole in the side of it that was supposed to contain my speaker stands (metal poles, not wood) that I purchased off of ebay. Well guess what, there were no speaker stands in the box. I got an empty box delivered to me on my front porch with a nice large hole in it where the speaker stands must have fallen out or been stolen by UPS employees. The box was on my door step like this when I got home.

So just take everyone's advice here and send it back to get what you originally paid for, a nice, new, undamaged sub.

Seth_B

Grip
Do you have any photos of the damaged sub itself? (out of the box) Until anyone sees the actual damage, it is hard to justfy whether 10% is enough to stomach the scratch/dent.

ScottCarr

Second Unit
lets see picts of the dent....

Also what is back ordered the driver or cabinet?

If the driver is back ordered ask for a new cabinet remove the driver from the damaged cabinet and install it in the new one. 1 hour of work at the very most.

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Miles,

Sorry for the slowness on my end. I had an all-day meeting yesterday out of town but knew Erik was gettting with you saying the same thing I would have.

Just to add to your note above, keep in mind that that small discount for the nick doesn't change your warranty one bit. If ANYTHING goes wrong in 3 years we're all over it. And if anything was damaged in any way, you'll know in 3 days, not 3 years.

Sure that box looked like hell, but as you noted the sub was pretty much unscathed, there is lots of protective packing in there. If the sub is working fine by the end of the week, I have a 6 pack of beer that says it'll be fine a year from now, 10 years from now.

And even 10 years from now SVS will still be standing behind our products. Even then we're going to make sure you are up and running quickly.

Believe it or not we've had boxes that looked worse than yours and the subs are fine. The tough inner potective covering and our modular designs (allowing a woofer or an amp to be swapped out in a matter of minutes) are a 1-2 combination that even UPS has a hard time beating.

There is zero pressure from us to go one way or another but indeed demand for this sub has habitually put it in a short wait status of days, or a couple weeks at the most. There is no problem using this until a new one comes in even, you are still inside your 45 day trial period after all. You won't get the 10% back with an even exchange but if an exchange increases your comfort factor with this, it's perfectly OK with us. The ONLY thing that matters is what you want to do.

Ron

ChrisBee

Stunt Coordinator
Something to think about:
You might want to upgrade at some stage.
It will be much easier to sell a perfect sub than a slightly damaged one.:b
Regards
ChrisBee

Miles Lucasso

Stunt Coordinator
I hear you guys and I thank you for the advice. I'll think it over and let you know what I decide to do.

I don't want this to turn into a bash UPS rant but holy crap!

I just got home 15 minutes ago, I left early with the hope of catching the UPS man who was supposed to deliver my speaker stands today. He got here two minutes ago and I had to refuse the shipment. Un...freaking...believably this box looked worse than the last. I heard him before I saw him. A loud clang as my speaker stands hit the floor of the truck. I waited for over a week for these stands. The stands themselves, from "parts express", were just over a hundred dollars. The shipping charges were $47.00. The box was totaled, bare metal hanging out both ends...are these guys for real?

I was dissapointed before, now I'm getting a little ticked off.

-Miles

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks