What's new

SVS owners......... (1 Viewer)

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

"Overkill is certainly relative."

:D :D :D

"I ended up with PAIR of stacked Ultras in my 12x20x7' room. Pushing them with a Crown 2K amp (1k/sub). Love it!"

Gordon,

I think I'll steal you idea so I can stack the Black Beauty B4-Plus twins one on top of another! :D

Real nice set up you got there. Love the way you connect them subs, etc., with all those wall-mounted plates and everything. :)

Aha! I recognize your main speakers too; 750 Sigs, aren't they? :wink: All them 'lil white dishes gave 'em away!... :D

-THTS

"...hi, my name is Frank...and am an SVS bassaholic..."

Gordon Groff

Second Unit

Yeah, Man!! I'm a serious Rocket Fan!! Beautiful and wonderfull sound. I have the original RS750's. Never got around to returning them for the Sig upgrade, which tweaks their hi-freq performance a bit.

Gotta love the service and value from AV123 AND SVS. Both companies get all the thumbs up I've got, and I'm all thumbs. :)

Gordon

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Thank you for the info Ed.

Very nice Gordon. I think I recall seeing your pic awhile back and was impressed with your Magiverness. Great job. The TOWER OF POWER right? I once had a four slot torpedo rack built to house four 25-31CS+'s, but in the end after it was built and tried out. I decided to garage it. Nothing wrong with it at all, just something I wanted to try out. It looked quit interesting though, seeing three silver dB drivers facing out into the room. Never did go all the way and pick up the fourth.

Blkout have you had headway on shipping?

Brian Elwood

Stunt Coordinator
I'm curious Blkout - I'm wondering if you were a tad disappointed AT FIRST.

I'm not sure what I was expecting but I plugged it in and heard deep tones and thought "that's it?"

However - at that point I was still lugging the box out and multi tasking.

Once I sat down, calibrated, and relaxed - WOW! Once I heard it intregrated within a movie of music THEN I was impressed. (to sat the least). I had read others needed to relax and THEN it all sank in!

Blkout

Agent
Same here Brian, I was a bit dissapointed at first too, I thought it sounded very boomy at first, then I calibrated it, and after spending some time with it, I'm more satisfied with it. After waking up this morning and playing with it some more after a good night's sleep, I was amazed this morning and how good it sounds. I'm sure I have some more fine tuning but its better than what I was using already and I'm sure it won't dissa point when its finally set up properly.

KevinWEL

Stunt Coordinator
Gordon!
Nice job on the tower. That's an awesome set up you have there. Rockets WoW! Never heard them, I've only heard the stories... I have the SVS 25-31 with out the i. I picked it up off the forum here a year ago. It's still the best sub I've heard under a $1000. (never heard the other SVS cylinders though)
I'm running my system with B&W 602s and 600 ctr up front and (3) Axion QS4 for surround. Nice to see more HT fans in "Amishland". I live near Adamstown, PA. :)

Kevin Weller

Gordon Groff

Second Unit
Hey Kevin!
Adamstown? A bit dutchfied up there, ain't? :)
Sounds like you have a GREAT setup! If you ever want to stop by, just give a shout.

What're you doing with the video side of your system?

Gordon

Chris_Liberti

Stunt Coordinator
I went with the 16-46 PCi at the time but now if I had it to do over and would have waited until they were available I would have gone with the PC Ultra. The 16-46 is awesome, it has very low group delay (which means it responds quickly and is good for music) and goes low. It will produce every low note that can be played in music(large pipe organs) and on movies that have low bass you will not miss anything (Fight Club, psycho boy scene you fell the bass instead of hearing it).

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Blkout when I went from a 25 Hz tune to a 20 Hz tune presented with the PC-Ultra. I found it a little more sensitive as regards to placement in my situation. A inch this way a inch that way and a curtain panel moved away from the sub did the trick. I had the same issue with a past AV-15 21 Hz tuned sub also. Never have had any problem with the 25-31CS+'s. Keep tweaking and playing with placement on top of calibrating and you'll get it totally dialed in. Glad your shipping worked out.

Thats right Gordon, we have spoken. Your before and after pic of your HT definitely jogs my memory. Thats one funny set of pics and one very nice looking dedicated HT also.

Bill Mullin

Stunt Coordinator
The PC-Ultra tunes 20 right out of the box and can tune 16 or 12 Hz with the port plugs. Or are you saying you had a different sub which tuned down to 25 Hz?

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Or are you saying you had a different sub which tuned down to 25 Hz?
__________________________________________________ _____

Yes....A little confusing wasn't it;) Lets see where did I go wrong? I see! I should have said> "When I went from the three 25 Hz tuned 25-31CS+'s to the 20 Hz tuned PC-Ultra"----

How's that Bill? :emoji_thumbsup:

Bill Mullin

Stunt Coordinator
Much better - I have a pair of PC-Ultras, and your post caused me to wonder if I had misread the specifications! :D

- Bill

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Much better - I have a pair of PC-Ultras, and your post caused me to wonder if I had misread the specifications!

No way! You got yourself one pair of incredible 20 Hz tuned subs there, but then you know that. The one PC-Ultra that I had could handle my 12 X 24 X 10' 2880^ room very well. What size room are you in Bill?

Dual PC-Ultra's are certainly up to a much larger task than what I was asking of my one. I guess thats why I decided to go with the PB2-Ultra:laugh:

Bill Mullin

Stunt Coordinator
Approx. 20x20 with a 10' ceiling. The room opens into the kitchen and living room, so I'm putting sound into a BIG area! But FWIW, I once had a 16-46PC+ and a Velo HGS-12ii in a room that measured 10x12 with an 8' ceiling, and the room wasn't overpowered. Actually, it was an awesome sound, even better than what I'm hearing right now!

Click my home page link if you'd like to see a few photos of the HT.

- Bill

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Click my home page link if you'd like to see a few photos of the HT.

I will definitely check it out and PM Fri.

>>I once had a 16-46PC+ and a Velo HGS-12ii in a room that measured 10x12 with an 8' ceiling, and the room wasn't overpowered. Actually, it was an awesome sound, even better than what I'm hearing right now!

KevinWEL

Stunt Coordinator
Gordon, I have a Hitachi 51" widescreen and a moderate set of DVD palyers (pioneer universal and sony 5 disc). I also run my VCR and Dish Network (no cable back here in the woods) through the video switching of my Onkyo. I do what I can with my budget, which is meager, for my tastes anyway.

I am kinda proud of my 6.1 HT room though, 19' x 23' with a 7 1/2' ceiling. I chose every piece of equipment after careful consideration and searching (half my stuff is second hand). I have been planning this HT room since we built this house 14 years ago. Finally got it done last year. Everything done myself from the first nail to the last coat of burgandy paint. Studs, electic, drywall, soundproofing. All I need yet is a couple $1000 for furniture.

Would love to hear the rockets some time. :b

David K.

Second Unit
Gordon Groff,

just wanted to comment on your home theater, some really impressive looking set up.

Gordon Groff

Second Unit

Kevin,
You're just a short jog from me! I'm less than 5 min from the 222/30 interchange. C'mon over! PM me or email to [email protected] and we can hook up. I love to show off the Rockets. Did all the work yourself? Cool! Me too. Not too fancy, but it works. Maybe we can compare notes.

David K., Thanks for the comment. It really is not all that compared to many HT's represented here, but for a DIY, I'm happy with the results.

Gordon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks