Svs Owners Unite!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve Zimmerman, Mar 8, 2002.

1. Steve Zimmerman

Steve Zimmerman Second Unit

Hello fellow SVS lovers! I've been thinking that one of the things that keeps people from buying SVS is the desire to see/hear one first, so I created a web site that automates the process of matching would-be buyers to current SVS owners who are willing to offer an in-home audition. The URL is:
    http://www.audioenvy.com/
    Basically how it works is that current owners register with the site and provide the city, state, and zip code where they live and what SVS products they own. When someone wants an audition, the Web site does a bit of geographic matching to return a list of potential owners. It's done in a way to maintain the owner's privacy--more info on that is at the site itself.
    HERE'S THE CATCH: The site doesn't do anybody any good unless there are SVS owners who register as being willing to allow auditions, so I'm asking--begging--you SVS lovers to sign up and help out the SVS cause!
    The site is still a work in progress, but the basic functionality is there and it's to the point where it needs some people to sign up so I can test it out. The more people who sign up, the more effective the site will be at helping would-be SVS owners take the plunge.
    Feedback is welcome here or via email.
    And oh yeah, the site is free and is unaffiliated with SVS. Just a lowly programmer working out his frustrations...
    --Steve Zimmerman ([email protected])

2. Juan_R

Juan_R Supporting Actor

I am in.

3. Nick P

Nick P Second Unit

Nice idea Steve. I think it has the potential to work. My problem is I would be worried about someone checking out my equipment for a future break in. I'm just naturally paranoid I guess.

4. Walt N

Walt N Second Unit

Hey Nick, you're right down the road from me. I'm in Elsmere, KY. 2 questions: What hours do you work and what's your address?[​IMG]
    Thanks for this resource Steve, I'm all signed up.

5. Steve Zimmerman

6. Steve Zimmerman

bump.

7. Jeff Savage

Jeff Savage Second Unit

Steve -
    I signed up to host demos and then the next day I got an e-mail from [email protected] Is this normal? Is this an actual request?

8. Steve Zimmerman

Jeff, that's a request from someone apparently trying to test the system to see if it works. I'm working on a way to minimize the number of "bogus" requests, but in this case it was likely someone trying to see if the system is up and running.

--Steve

9. Sheldon C

Sheldon C Second Unit

This is a great idea, I was surprised to see that someone in my state (Kansas) is registered with a cs+. Sure it would be a 2.5 hour road trip, but it's still worth considering. Hopefully more owners jump on board.

10. SkiingNinja

SkiingNinja Second Unit

I'm in. Good stuff Steve [​IMG]

11. Russell _T

Russell _T Supporting Actor

Great idea Steve. The SVS guys should post a link to your site on their site. It must have been a lot of work to set that registry up, and will help their business immensely.

Russ