1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

SVS owners in Canada

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ed C, Sep 25, 2001.

1. Ed C

Ed C Stunt Coordinator

I am interested in an SVS however I live in Toronto. I'd like to find out from other Canadians what the duties and taxes were.
    Thanks.

2. Ned

Ned Supporting Actor

You'll pay GST+PST of whatever the Canadian value of the items you buy and about $40-50 to the company that does the customs paperwork (brokerage fee).
    ------------------
    My Home Theater Page

3. Dennis Reno

Dennis Reno Supporting Actor

Ed,
    Do you have any friends in the States that you could have the unit shipped to? That would save you enough $$ for a couple of DVDs [​IMG]
    I don't know how easy it would be to get the sub across the border since it is packed in a LARGE box. Its not like you could hide it in your glove box!
    [Edited last by Dennis Reno on September 26, 2001 at 07:23 AM]

4. Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma Producer

Lou Sytsma
    Hi Ed.
    Going from memory - I have a 20-39PC - the sub ran about $1100 Cdn. Duty etc added about another $300.
    At the time it still turned out to be slightly cheaper than a Paradigm Servo15. Both are comparable with the SVS edging out the Paradigm slightly in performance. They're pretty close though.
    The SVS definitely has a smaller footprint if that is a consideration in your decision.
    ------------------
    Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.
    MyHTSetup
    [Edited last by Lou Sytsma on September 26, 2001 at 07:56 AM]