SVS, Outlaw Audio, BlueJeansCable, Carada Screens, TVAuthority, AxiomAudio, LA Demos

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Gregg Loewen, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    All on demo at the HOMETHEATERFORUM NATIONAL MEET, at the Beverly Garland Holiday Inn in Universal City, California. September 18-September 24th.

HTF is having 2 demo rooms set up during the National Meet from Sept 18-24th.

Get ready to see and hear some state of the art home theater.

Sponsored by:
    SVSubwoofers
    Axiom Speakers
    Outlaw Audio
    Blue Jeans Cable
    TV Authority
    Samsung
    Infocus
    Lion Audio Video Consultants
    Carada Film Screens

Stay tuned for more information!!

2. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

Thanks for the plug Gregg!

SVS will have several special products present to make that room we are running possible (and more than one SVS for sure), including Better Cables and AV123.

And some which will remain a mystery for now ;^)

Hope to see all the LA locals there at some point!

Ron

3. CurtisSC

CurtisSC Screenwriter

Great Ron...I am hoping to stop by the demo later in the meet. Looking forward to finally meeting you.

4. kevin tate

kevin tate Stunt Coordinator

Ron, will you have the new baby SVS sub there on demo? I've been to some trade show where discounts are given if product were purchased there. Any chance that SVS will follow suit?

5. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

Kevin,

Yes any demo gear SVS owns (as opposed to stuff out to us on loan) will be sold at fire sale prices for sure.

I do hope to have a PB10-ISD there, but as it will be one of only a couple on the planet at that time I won't be able to let that go ;^)

Ron

6. CurtisSC

CurtisSC Screenwriter

7. Pete_M3

Pete_M3 Agent

maybe Samsung will bring the new DLP sets they keep promising ...???? (the 74 models with the HD2+ chip). Yes, I know this is a speaker forum, but hey, a TV has speakers, right? [​IMG]

8. Gregg Loewen

Insider

Gregg Loewen
    Samsung is being represented by the TVAuthority who is providing a Samsung DVI DVD player, Infocus projectors, and a portable screen.

9. Robert_Dufresne

Robert_Dufresne Stunt Coordinator

Gregg

The equipment you listed is nice but hardly state of the art. [​IMG]

10. Gregg Loewen

Insider

Gregg Loewen
    Well, I dont know what else to tell you besides "state of the art" as some of the products on demo are not even for sale as of yet. (so it couldnt get any more state of the art).

11. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

Gregg's right about that. One, possibly two of the subwoofers we'll have won't even be on the street yet.

Thought I'd paste the bit from the other thread here. There's been some additional info about what I'll be bringing too:

The demo rooms will be set up at the Beverly Garland Holiday Inn. There is no charge other than possible parking fees at hotel to come out and see the rooms.

Holiday Inn
    UNIVERSAL STUDIOS-HOLLYWOOD
    4222 VINELAND AVENUE
    NORTH HOLLYWOOD, CA 91602
    UNITED STATES
    Tel: 1-818-9808000
    Fax: 1-818-7665230

Room One is the SVS Room which will feature some serious bass.

Currently planned are a PC-Ultra, PB10-ISD, a PB2-Ultra and a PB1-ISD. Front and surround duty will be carried by some experimental speakers from SVS supplier TC-Sounds.

For juice, a full "Emotiva" amp and processor system from Mark Shifter at AV123, wires by Better Cables, and video will be driven by an Infocus 7205 and Carada screen. TV Authority is providing the projector as well as a Samsung DVI upconverting DVD player to match out the video.

Some of this gear will be sold at "show" prices (B-stock pricing or below) so I don't have to schlep it all back.

Room Two is hosted by some other brand I've never heard of but Gregg can probably speak to ;^).

Demo Room Schedule

Sat 9/18: 9pm-Midnight
    Mon 9/20: 9pm-Midnight
    Tue 9/21: 6pm-Midnight
    Wed 9/22: 9pm-Midnight
    Fri 9/24: 6pm-Midnight

* All dates and times subject to change

Hope to see you there.

Ron Stimpson
    SVS

12. CurtisSC

CurtisSC Screenwriter

I will be at the demos on Friday before you close up shop! Heck...I might help you pack.

13. Pete_M3

Pete_M3 Agent

"help you pack" ... as in putting some stuff in your car and taking it home? [​IMG]

I would love to see Ascend Acoustics, a local company, demo their speakers there. The event may be limited to sponsoring companies, but I figured I'd express my desires anyway. It would be nice to compare the Axioms to the Ascends, and even the Rockets if AV123 is going to be there. And I promise not to post my personal ratings ...

I will try to attend on Friday.

14. JesseM

JesseM Auditioning

Hello, folks. I am a new user and was trying to figure out how to register for the meet so I can finally hear these SVS subs I've been hearing so much about. Any direction would be appreciated, Thanks.

15. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

Jesse,

Slots have been filled on the studio side of this week for months.

But the evenings above are still wide open. Just show up.

Ron

16. Pete_M3

Pete_M3 Agent

Ron, when do you think you might sell the SVS demo gear? I know you are going to keep it there until the end of the show, but when do you begin to accept offers?

17. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

Pete,

Probably Fri/Sat next week. I'll unload all I can let go.

One late breaking change is that the speaker sponsor (TC-Sounds) wasn't able to complete its project on the high-tech prototype speakers for the event. Plenty of TC-Sounds woofers in our SVS's but no full range sadly.

The good news however is that gap will be filled by Ascend Acoustics with a mixed set of CMT 340 (front 3) and CBM 170s (back 3) speakers. Thanks to the generosity of David F. Given the SVS's which will be handling the low octaves, it should make for quite a show and be of even greater relevance for those eager to see these brands in action. Where else can you hear Emotiva (AV123), Ascend, and SVS in one place? Throw in the great video by Lion AV and their sponsors and it should be worth a visit.

I think that'll all but guarantee a stop by Curtis Chang now? ;^)

Ron

18. CurtisSC

CurtisSC Screenwriter

LOL!!

That would be CMT-340's and CBM-170's.....and I still plan on making it Friday night....possibly Thursday night now because the free Sheryl Crow concert in Hermosa Beach has been canceled. [​IMG]

I was looking forward to hearing the TC Sounds setup though. Selfishly, I already know how good the Acsends are. [​IMG]

19. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

"220... 221(v.)... whatever it takes"

Michael Keaton, "Mr. Mom"

Thanks for the correction anyway; just has too many models and numbers to keep track of. Not like SVS.

;^)

Ron (my favorite mistake) Stimpson

20. CurtisSC

CurtisSC Screenwriter

How funny is that? Ascends hooked up to AV123 gear. Might there be some kind of adverse electrical reaction? [​IMG]

Ron, there is an end of the meet dinner on Friday, are you skipping that to stay in the demo room? Are you the lone SVS representative? I just want to make sure I do not miss out on meeting you.

(edit)I was just reminded that the demo rooms are closed on Thursday....so it will have to be Friday evening for me.