What's new

SVS original driver Vs. Shiva (1 Viewer)

Sebastian

Second Unit
I can get an SVS original driver for about half the price of what I can get a Shiva for.
Is the Shiva worth the extra money?
If so, how much better?
I will be building an enclosure similar to the EBS alignment.
What do you guys think I should go with?

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
I have a pair of the original SVS drivers and a Dayton DVC 12". When I first got the SVS's I was eager to find out what I should expect from them so I dropped on in to the DVC cabinet as they model out similarly. IMO the SVS drivers were every bit as good overall and even seemed to have better transient response. If you have a chance to get one for half the price of a Shiva then I say go for it.

As for enclosures, you can just calculate out the volume for whatever sub you like (16-46, 20-39 or 25-31) and build accordingly.

Have fun!

Dan Hine

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
No question jump on it, the SVS driver that is.

In a specific encloser thats already built the DVC, Shiva, etc might be a better choice. But if building from scratch jump on the SVS. I bought 4 when everybody was upgrading their drivers. Very nice driver and as Dan says, just copy the SVS volume and porting for what you would like, or go from scratch.

I also have a couple Shiva's too. Is the difference in price worth a possible gain in a sepcific design/encloser (which would be minior at best) hell no at over 2 times the price.... Got mine for 45.00 a piece first pair and 50.00 apiece for the other pair. You do the math.

Two are in our summer toy (69-RSZ28) sealed enclosers, one is in a copy of the SVS-2039 and the other is waiting for me to do something with it.

Allot of mumbo jumbo to say, jump on it!

Geoff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks