What's new

SVS OR HSU (1 Viewer)

acommonsoul

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve
I am looking at spending around $600 on a sub woofer. For the price, which company offers a better deal, HSU or SVS? I have heard good things from both but I would like to hear users opinions.

mazersteven

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve Mazer
All your going to get is fanboy replies. In all reality both companies make excellent subs at that price point. HSU doesn't have a $600 sub. Either $499 or $699. SVS has subwoofers at all price points. A very wide selection.

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
A forum search by the model numbers will also yield a lot of information and opinions. And I guarantee it will be better than "fanboy" responses.

acommonsoul

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve
Thanks for everyone's response...I think I will go with SVS just because I like some of their finishes a little better...Again, Thanks

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
Both make fantastic products. I have an SVS that I love. One sub that just came out, is in your price range, and is getting a lot of positive feed back is the Onix MFW-15.

SHS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
scott
I am just frustrated that it seems no matter where you turn in the internet only companies it is a stinking 2 month wait to get a sub, sometimes longer. I have looked at SVS, AV123, Epik and others and it seems to get the latest and greatest in the ~$1k-$1400 range you have to get on a waiting list and pony up first.

Then when it gets time to ship someone else has created a better widget......grrrrrrrrr,(or yippie, depends upon your take) I just want to order a great sub(s), have it delivered it ten minutes and stop surfing through all the forums reading about all the greatest next best thing.....every few minutes another rocket ummm errr, I mean flare shoots up touting the next best thing.. Of course I jest but I think you get my drift.

I am exhausted, craig list this, Epik that, SVS there, HSU here.......wow it is a whirlwind of advancement and I want to jump on the merry-go-round but I'm already dizzy without participating. I am tired of living vicariously through others excited threads, I want to just order one, be happy with it in my 20 minutes of satisfaction, till I read another review of course and experience what many of you people ooze in excitement.

htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

OK, OK, I'm done ranting....for now!!!

mr.H

Grip
Real Name
Hermie

Good Choice! You can't go wrong with SVS...:emoji_thumbsup:
Lots of models to choose...lots of Power, Looks and Pocket friendly too!!!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

John-Tompkins

Second Unit
Shameless plug ..I just put up a 6 month old mint HSU VTF-HO with TURBO for sale here on the forum for 699.00 ( 999.00 from HSU )
Awesome sub by the way, having owned both many SVS and HSU models, my preference from a "sound" standpoint is HSU ( given equally priced units ), and from a looks point of view SVS.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks