SVS - not earthquake proof

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JustinT, Sep 9, 2001.

1. JustinT

JustinT Stunt Coordinator

I was just getting ready to watch football about 15 minutes ago and we had an earthquake here in Los Angeles. My SVS started shaking back and forth, I had to jump up and put a hand on it because I thought it was going to tip over. I don't think it was a very big quake, probably between 3 and 5. Funny that my first thought during the whole thing was SAVE THE SUB!!
    ------------------
    My DVD's

2. Jeff Peake

Jeff Peake Supporting Actor

you sure it was an earthquake, and not a neighbor with a pair of SVS ultra's!?
    Glad to hear your sub survived. I lived in LA for a few months last year, and never had to experience a quake.
    jeff

3. Brent Cantrell

Brent Cantrell Stunt Coordinator

Justin, this is a bit off topic, but if you want to provide others with a link to your DVD profile, you need to make your collection public so we can see it.
    Not bitching or anything, (I did the same at first), but thought you might want to know.
    ------------------
    http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollect...lias=BCantrell

4. Kevin P

Kevin P Screenwriter

Most of the weight in SVS subs is on the bottom. This makes them very stable and I don't think they're likely to tip over in an earthquake. I think they could wobble as much as 20-30 degrees and still upright themselves (not that I've tried it myself). [​IMG]
    If you're concerned about it tipping over, how about anchoring it to the floor or nearby wall so it stays upright?
    KJP

5. Doug_B

Doug_B Screenwriter

TV can put this on his list of special studies. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    "Today is a good day to die." ...Old Lodge Skins