What's new

SVS + New, Smaller HT = Scary! (1 Viewer)

Robert G

Stunt Coordinator
I have been away from the forum for a bit due to a recent move. Now that I have everything up and running I thought I would post a little about my HT. The room itself is far from finished but it is functional at this point.
My old HT was in a 15 X 15 X 8 living room that was open on three sides(large openings). My new HT is 12 X 19 X 8 with no openings. Before the move I had purchased dual SVS 20-39 CS's and Samson 700 amp. They were pretty impressive even in my old, very tough room. But now I think that I truly know what reference level bass feels like. I popped in The Haunting, SPR, Fight Club and The Matrix for starters. Let me just say that the end of Fight Club and the "coming mother" scene from The Haunting are now down right scary.
I had plans to install a solid core door that would be sealed as if it were an exterior door. Now, I am actually afraid of sealing off the room that well. I have this mental image of my wife coming home to the windows of my HT laying on the drive way. I wouldn't want to screw up such a good thing as having my own room to do ANYTHING HT related that I want to.
I know there have been many SVS stories but I just had to share once again what an awesome product those guys make.
------------------
My DVD's

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Very cool Robert,
As you've pointed out...even when the rooms have approx the same cu-footage...when there's large openings to other areas things change a good deal!
I know what you mean on Fight Club in particular. I watched that with a few friends over the weekend. Had the subs about 3dB hot and the volume was at full reference.
It almost felt like the air was being sucked out my lungs during some of the scenes. We should do a A/B heart rate comparison between sub *X* and sub *svs*...
TV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks