1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

SVS ISD $40 rebate ends 4/30/02

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ed_A, Apr 4, 2002.

1. Ed_A

Ed_A Stunt Coordinator

Sorry if this has been mentioned here before...just thought those who haven't upgraded to the ISD (improved standard driver) yet would like to know.

Ed

2. Ron Boster

Ron Boster Screenwriter

Thanks Ed. I was one of the original owners of the PC line and didn't know about the upgrade until your post. I haven't been visiting he sub/speaker forum. Thanks for the heads up....ordered a pair for my subs.

Ron

3. Sean Oneil

Sean Oneil Supporting Actor

Even if the trade in option will no longer be available, will the ISD still be for sale at $129.00 after 4/30/2002 for us existing SVS CS/PC owners?

4. Ed_A

Ed_A Stunt Coordinator

Sean,

it's my understanding that the answer to your question is yes. Maybe Ron or TV can chime in to confirm...

It's the $40 rebate that will no longer be offered after 4/30; and I believe you have to be a registered owner with SVS to buy any parts...

Ed

5. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

From my reading of the SVS website, I think you have to buy before 4/30 and return the old driver by 5/17 in order to get the rebate. Doesn't say anything one way or another about the availability of the driver, but since they're selling drivers for their other subs I don't see why they wouldn't keep selling this one.

6. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

Yes the ISD woofer will still be available but we are phasing out the rebate. It was only meant as a short-term incentive.

After 30 April you'll still be able to get the ISD, just no rebate.

Ron

7. Sean Oneil

Sean Oneil Supporting Actor

Good news Ron. Thanks [​IMG]

8. Matt Malto

Matt Malto Stunt Coordinator

Anyone know if the improved drivers are backordered? Ordered one a week ago and it hasn't shipped yet. Don't want to bug the guys with any emails, just curious if anyone here knows.

9. Ron Boster

Ron Boster Screenwriter

Matt: I ordered mine today. Here was Tom's response to that question...."Hi Ron, we won't be able to ship any more upgrade orders until the next shipment of drivers arrive at SVS. This will be in 7-10 days"

So I guess in a week to week and a half.

Ron