What's new

SVS is causing picture problems on my RPTV. (1 Viewer)

Sheldon C

Second Unit
I have a mits 65311 and a svs 20-39 pci subwoofer both of which are new additions to my HT. Everything was going great, and I mean GREAT with both the tv and the sub until yesterday. I first spotted the problem while playing music very loudly while the tv was on. Every time the sub would hit, artifacts would bounce all over the screen. Then I tried it with a dvd - everything was fine.

Finally I tried it playing a very loud movie on cable that was in 5.1. Once again the artifacts showed up. What I have realized is that the problem only happens when I am using antenna B, which is what I use to watch cable. Everything is fine when I am using s video or watching 1080i and even when it is on antenna A (used for PIP).

So what gives? Should this be happening at all and if so, why is it only happening using antenna B only? (By the way, I could use s video for watching cable but what I've found is that using the regular coax cable unstead of the s video output from my cable box looks far superior).

Please help!!

Thanks

mark rush

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds strange there, I have a 60" mitsubishi it is a VS-60719 model and the only problem is on very heavy bass the screen will flex, {dual Paradigm pw2200's} you can watch the screen vibrate, your problem is something I have not run across maybe someone will have an answer for you
Mark

Michael Roderiques

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds like you have some form of interference or cross talk going on.

I suggest you look at all your cables and see how they are routed. If you can, try and move either the sub or CATV cable away from others that may be together. Check the system after moving the cables. If your problem is gone, then you know that you need to look at how your cables are routed and maybe upgrade some of them for better shielding to prevent interference.

I would venture to guess it is not the magnet structure that is causing the problem. Uness the CATV cable is running right under the sub. The way you describe it, the actions are of an electronic source.

Joe Schwartz

Second Unit
Maybe you have a loose coax connection somewhere, and the subwoofer is vibrating the cable -- or maybe it's vibrating your cable box (if you're using one).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks