SVS in Sound and Vision

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric Hargrove, Dec 13, 2002.

1. Eric Hargrove

Eric Hargrove Stunt Coordinator

The latest Sound and Vision has an ad for SVS in the back of the mag. This may mean SVS will become a household name in subwoofers. It's good to see a company so dedicated to customer satifaction doing so well. Congratulations to Tom, Ron, Eric and the rest of the SVS crew. Your success is well deserved.

2. Phuong

Phuong Stunt Coordinator

Hopefully they'll take the plunge and test an SVS subwoofer. Don't know if they'd be brave enough to. They still have yet to test a top-of-the-line Hsu Research subwoofer. Wonder what all these hi-fi dealers and custom installers would feel seeing that SVS and Hsu subwoofers beat the crap out of anything they sell in the under $1000 price range. It'd probably be the equivalent of the Japanese manufacturers taking the likes of Apex et al seriously and finally lowering prices on their DVD players. The big difference in this analogy between the Chinese players and SVS/Hsu is that the subwoofer guys make superior products that are also cheaper. And with the introduction of the B4 and SS from SVS and the rosewood VTF-3, none of the hi-fi companies can say they make more aesthetically pleasing subwoofers.

3. Eric Hargrove

It would be nice if the magazines would test an SVS against some of the big manufacturers. I think they are smart enough not to though. Hsu has been around a bit longer than SVS and I can't recall seeing a magazine review for any of their products.

4. Phuong

Phuong Stunt Coordinator

Check the latest STEREOPHILE GUIDE TO HOME THEATER. You'll find a review of the top of the line Hsu VTF-3 subwoofer. Can't believe Stereophile had the guts to test it out AND give it their Editor's Choice Gold Award.

5. Eric Hargrove

I'll have to check that out. If a VTF-3 is rated that highly, imagine what a PC+ or Ultra would do[​IMG]

6. Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze Producer

Tom Nusiane, the original "subhuman"[sorry Tom],has tested the first cilinder series sub,though only for lab measurments.I'm not sure if it was the 25-31 or the 20-39.
    However if S&V would review an SVS sub it would be TN,and you can guess what he would say about it.

7. Kevin_W

Kevin_W Second Unit

I believe Nusiane tested it in Sensible Sound and was SVS's original driver 16-46 / Fidek combo.