SVS in CSI?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Yousaf, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Yousaf

Yousaf Second Unit

Ok, did anyone else notice the large black cylinder (complete with little legs and a bottom platform) in the counselor's home on CSI tonight? I saw it in the scene where the CSIs go to the house with a warrant to search it for the first time
    , I believe. If one of you recorded the show, could you go back and check? I couldn't make out the details too well sitting 10' away from my 20" television, and I doubt a compressed version I could find online would give sufficient detail...

It would be particularly funny for me because I always imagined a crime where the killer stuffed the victim in one of the cylinders. Then, Grissom comes by one night when the music is on and comments, "I noticed your bass is lacking definition and extension, uncharacteristic of your SV subwoofer...mind if I take a look?" since part of the job of being a CSI is (apparently) knowing everything about everything. They go in for a closer look, the camera does a huge zoom-in around the bottom edge where they notice blood is slowly coming out, and arrest the guy. When being questioned later as to why he did it, the guy says with a smirk on his face, "Well, it sounded good at the time" to which Grissom replies, "But wouldn't you know it? Sloppy bass is a crime." End of episode. [​IMG]

2. Steve Felix

Steve Felix Supporting Actor

[​IMG]
    Sounds more like an episode of HTF. [​IMG]

3. Yousaf

Yousaf Second Unit

Heh, the first part of my post was meant to be serious though...if it is an SVS, that would be pretty cool. [​IMG] Anyone?

4. Adam.Heckman

Adam.Heckman Second Unit

I saw that last night, being a crazed fan of CSI. I didn't know if it was or not. I mentioned something to my girlfriend and she just rolled her eyes. No help there.
    Unfortunately, I didn't DVR it. Sorry, no pics.

5. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

Yeah, noticed that cylinder looking object and ran it back on my dvr/hdtv setup...... although it does resemble a svs, it is actually a square pedestal type of thing. In black, it is hard to detect the edges....

6. Michael Caicedo

Michael Caicedo Second Unit

Michael Caicedo
    Ha, I tivoed it. Will check a little later.
    I am familiar with this phenomenum.

7. Robert_Gaither

Robert_Gaither Screenwriter

I think the dead give away would be how smoothly the blood spewed from the port each time it hit a low note...[​IMG]