What's new

SVS in Canada & Matched w/Martin Logan Speakers (1 Viewer)

Steven Phipps

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve Phipps
I am located in Toronto, Canada and am wondering if anyone has bought an SVS Sub here, I am interested in the 20-39, but I do not know if I will be hit with a bunch of different fees or taxes. Also I am wondering if anyone has this sub along with Martin Logan speakers (namely the Aerius, not Aerius i). Any response issues, or tonal issues here? Thanks for your input, Steve Phipps.

Miles_W

Second Unit
Steve, a fellow HTF'er here Larry is running Dual 16-46's with his requests, I'm sure he will chime in...
I have heard them at his place for both movies and music them blend in very nicely...
Miles
------------------
Miles
DarkSide Member since(93)

LarrySkelly

Stunt Coordinator
Miles is correct. He's heard my 16-46's and reQuests. I have not had any problems blending them in. I use an external Paradigm X-30 crossover to set the frequency lower than my receiver uses, typically around 50 hz for music and a bit higher for HT when I want more impact. I did this mainly so I could use the 'source direct' feature of my receiver.
Its a large room (almost 8000 cubic feet) so I could actually use more bass for HT than the two 16-46's put out.
I'm in the process of trying the impossible, to put the M-L's on either side of a TV in the corner of the room. The sound in this configuration is not very good, and over the next month or two I'll be building some reflecting panels to put behind the speakers. Until then I won't have respectable sound. But when i had the speakers and TV along a flat wall, and had the two subs side-by-side, corner loaded, the sound was great.
Larry
------------------
Upgrading: 'What if this is as good as it gets?'

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks