What's new

SVS In A Car? (1 Viewer)

John Sturge

Stunt Coordinator
I was wondering if anyone has tried fastening his/her SVS into her car, and using it as a car subwoofer. I wouldn't ask this normally, but there is a lot of zany bass lovers out there, so it seems possible. Would you lose bass? Or is it just a really stupid idea?

Andy Anderson

Second Unit
Call me crazy, but I think I remember a post from Tom V where he said he uses an SVS in his car. Do some searching--you'll find it...

MarkO

Second Unit
Stupid idea. Car audio is out of control right now. My nephew who is only 20 years old has lost 24% of his hearing already due to the output these systems are capeable of in such a small space. I guess Miracle Ear need customers too.

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Hsu is your next best option:
asw1202_low-res.jpg
www.hsuresearch.com for the startling numbers!!

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Having a quality subwoofer in a car doesn't = hearing loss. However, the potential is there for the folks with more dBs than common sense of course.(since it's so much cheaper to reach damaging levels in car than in room).

I have a modded 46cs with a DC-1 lexicon ~ 7 discrete channels in my ride. It's all about sound quality though...

I'm glad to see some autos offered with logic7 finally...it's really one of those things where once you get used to it(in car)...you'll never want to drive without it(kinda like a 6-71)

TV

Shawn Sefranek

Second Unit
Mine sounds great, but it’s a real pain in the ASS if it starts to rain. :D:D:D
P0002330.jpg

I’m kidding by the way…….
Shawn S
Tom,
Lexicon Logic-7 in a car? You are my true HERO !!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks