What's new

SVS + Husband = Me losing my friggin mind!!! :) (1 Viewer)

Carol-AnnZ

Agent
Hello All...It's Carol-Ann again....
Alright, now I have had enough and I just can't stand it anymore...I come home and AJ is sitting in the chair with that little boy look on his face, I know that something is up I didn't think that it was going to be something like telling me that he thinks he might have a better plan than getting the PB2.
I need some help and advice before I throw my husband out the window!!
Here are the options:
A) PB2
B) 2 CS+25-31 subs corner loaded with a samson amp.
C) 1 PC+25-31, 1 mono-block, and 1 paradigm studio 20 speaker to make our now 5.1 channel a 6.1

Here is my thinking, and if you all will help me to figure out what is best I would appreciate it. I am a Bass Girl...I love bass. I love to hear it and feel it when we are watching movies. I know from what I have heard that the PB2 will do that, without a problem. I have some doubts about how I will like the look of 2 subs....but it is bass that I am going after so if I have enough proof that it is worth it, I will get over the way it looks. And lastly, I know that AJ wants to upgrade to a 6 channel HT...but to be honest, I am being selfish and would really like to have a kick ass sub that will knock my socks off everytime that we watch a movie.
So...can you guys help me out here???

Thanks,
Carol-Ann

PS. Our listening room is about 20x18' with vaulted ceilings, which opens up into a large foyer on one side, and a kitchen and dining room on the other.

Jason Co

Second Unit
Sounds to me like you have made your choice. Stand firm girl and tell him what you want. You are on the path...now just walk it. Damn been listening to too much Morpheus.

J

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
1 vote for option "b" based only on your "needs" - I have experience with a single 20-39. I later sold it and went DIY with the SVS driver, and now have a box equivalent to a 25-31. I don't miss the bass below ~22hz since it's rare anyway. If I could have 2 '31's, I'd be in heaven.

Oh, and a wife like you wouldn't hurt either.

Good Luck!

ChadLB

Screenwriter
For you Option c) is out of the question. I would stick with A or maybe B from what stevenn says 2 CS+ should perform the same as the PB2+.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Carol you are quit the woman to be sure. For your $$ (option A) would be your most bang for the dollar choice and (option B) would give you the most SPL "2-3 more db's" in the lower regions so I have been told. One 25-31 CS+ will satisfy your bass hunger but duel will slay it. It is absolutely incredible what duel SVS +'s can do. The PB2+ will be very close though. My HT is 24 X 12 with 10' ceilings and very leaky on one side. The HT you describe begs for duel considering your impeccable taste in bass and high standards. You can also tune one of them to 20 Hz and leave the other in the stock 25 Hz mode and get the SPL and extension that you so much deserve. I have found this works very well. When my PB2+ arrives I plan on running it in the 20 Hz mode and the duel 25-31 CS+'s in their stock tune. Option A or B would serve you well though.. (A)>more for your $$. IMO you will be the most content with the best/most bass you can conjure up for your spent HT dollars and duel SVS's are the best option in my mind and experience for what it is worth? I dare you to try it out Carol and tell me it doesn't light your fire??.......................Respectfully:wink:

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
Carol-Ann,

Go for options 1 or 2. A 6.1 system can sound great but if not properly set up will sound worse than 5.1. I'm currenty running 7.0 (soon to be .1) and while I really enjoy it, if the choice was subs or rear speakers, I'd definitely go for the subs. My PB-2+ is supposed to ship today.:D

Alex

Carol-AnnZ

Agent
Thank you all for your responses!!!
I am hoping to gather a few more of your wonderful opinions before I give AJ the okay on what to order. I guess I just go back to if the PB2 is the same or almost the same as the 2 CS+'s why not go ahead and get the PB2??? Right???

(all of you who have ordered the PB2, please let us know what you think of them when you get them~ that could be the deciding factor!!)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I am in the get the PB-2+ camp. With all that it gives you in the way of subs and power amp in one box this is THE option to go with.

You can always get another speaker to get up to 6.1 later on down the line. There aren't that many movies that are mastered in DD EX or DTS ES that take advantage of 6.1 audio anyway. So while you have been enjoying your bass for some time, more movies will be encoded in DD EX and DTS ES and you can enjoy 6.1 to its fullest.

Parker

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
A) PB2
B) 2 CS+25-31 subs corner loaded with a samson amp.
C) 1 PC+25-31, 1 mono-block, and 1 paradigm studio 20 speaker to make our now 5.1 channel a 6.1
None of the above!
Get a pair of SS or Ultra,[from SVS] and be done with it.
Every time you feel that bass and vibration on the sofa you will look at your husband with a big grin on your face,for more then one reason.;)
You'll thank me later![AJ too]:)

Mitch E S

Stunt Coordinator
Carol-Ann,
I thought we settled this already! One PB2+ now and another one later :D

Unfortunately SVS is having a problem with their cabinet maker keeping up with demand so you might have to live without one for a while. You should email Ron about lending you a PC+ until they catch up.

Mitch

jeff_coil

Stunt Coordinator
Carol....I agree with Parker. The 6th speaker should not take precedents over good bass period. I am really close on pulling the trigger on a second 20-39pc+- I have a huge room and have a nice CDM B&W 5.1 system. Quite frankly I would go for the PB2+ and be done with it. After all in a few months you will be looking to upgrade/buy something anyway and that is the time for a 7/6.1 system.
Stick to your guns lady and get the bass you deserve!

jeff_coil

Stunt Coordinator
Mitch great Idea! I would rent a pc+ for shipping costs until the PB2+ shipped

edit
one more thing if I were the cabinet maker I would ramp up it makes the most sense for everyone involved

Carol-AnnZ

Agent
Well guys...I totally agree with all of you. I have always loved a lot of bass and would love to get the PB2...who wouldn't mind getting a few windows replaced anyways??
I will keep you all updated as to what we, I mean I decide!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks