What's new

SVS & Hardwood (1 Viewer)

So I'm getting a 20-39 PCI and I have hardwood floors. Do I need to put anything underneath the sub (a piece of carpet, rubber pad, etc.) or will it be fine just sitting on the hardwood? Is the hardwood going to have any kind of negative effect on the sound? Thanks!

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Jeran,

Hardwood floors (esp. if they are slick) can be a bit of a challenge. Usually the stock foam footpads on the bottom of your PCi will be perfectly fine to keep it quite on the wood, and planted (I mean it won't "creep").

Now and again, you need something a bit different. If you have ANY resonance or slippage issues at all, please drop us a line and we can send you free of charge a set of specially compliant synthetic rubber "dots" which can be put on the baseplate in between the current pads.

These 3M feet (really more like hemispheres) have adhesive on the back and are extra thick and soft. I don't know of anyone that's had problems with slick wood or tile floors after using a set of them.

Of course you could use a piece of carpet if there was any problem too but it's a bit less elegant looking sometimes.

Again, you probably are perfectly OK using the sub as is on the wood floor. We're just an e-mail away if you discover the need for these optional feet however.

Ron

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
You could use double sided foam pads (very sticky), that'll stick to the subwoofer to the floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks