SVS experts needed.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JoelM, Oct 8, 2002.

1. JoelM

JoelM Stunt Coordinator

I have dual 25-31CS+'s with the Sampon amp in my HT room and I'm looking for 2 more for the living room. I want to buy dual Ultra's and was wondering how much louder the Ultra's are from the CS+'s. The room is 20x30.

2. Edward J M

Edward J M Cinematographer

Since the 25-31 enclosure can play a bit louder than the 20-39 enclosure (all other things being equal), this is not an apples to apples comparison and throws a bit of a curveball into the mix.

My two cents: You can expect another 2-3 dB of max SPL over your current set-up (assuming same sub placement in the room), along with slightly lower THD at any given volume, and you will also see 5 Hz better extension.

I'm sure Tom or Ron at SVS will be able to confirm or deny my educated guesstimate.

Regards,

Ed Mullen

3. RichardH

RichardH Supporting Actor

Why not use the Ultras in the HT room and move the current ones to the living room? Do you really need that much bass?? (the answer is yes [​IMG] )

4. BryanZ

BryanZ Screenwriter

I'd say a true rough guesstimate would be to plug two of the three ports in each sub. Recalibrate. Play at normal levels and then add roughly 6 dbs. Of course, that is assuming the room sizes are in every way, shape, and form identical and the more than likely fact that I could be wrong. Other than that, I only need to say one more thing: Joel, you are one sick man. [​IMG]