What's new

svs @ ebay (1 Viewer)

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
I can't help but wonder if he is legit, seeing as how he doesn't even know that SVS's website is not www.svs.com It would also be nice if he mentioned that you need an amp for it too. :rolleyes:
Dan Hine

Greg Br

Second Unit
I am pretty sure that I saw this same setup on the hardware for trade. He wanted local delivery so you are eliminating the majority of the country, I know it eliminated me, maybe he changed his stance on ebay or knows that most people do not know how good it comes packaged from svs where as people on this site know this. I would be skeptical with the limited info in that description.

On another note, I whent to the HiFi shops in my area and none of them have even heard of SVS. They scoffed at the idea of not bying something face to face, I wanted to say so I talk to you for 20 minutes and you can do more for me than a company that I have sent many many emails to and get a response right away? I mean really whats face to face or email to email, its all good.

JerryW

Supporting Actor
Yeah, not saying that it needs an amp is pretty deceitful. But I do think it's legit... I remember him trying to sell it here, but as Greg said, he only wanted to sell locally.

Greg Br

Second Unit
I never said that! I just said the description was vague, since I am in the market, or was that is, you notice things the sale of used SVS subs.

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
since the masses don't know what SVS is, i'm not sure he'll even get a bid on it. i think he should've at least tried to sell it here first!

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Kevin,

Giving the guy a break is one thing. Sure, forgetting to mention the fact that the sub needs an amp might be an honest mistake. But he doesn't even know SVS's true website. Could that be because he doesn't want people to find out that it requires an amp? I would gather that most people shopping for subs on ebay won't know to check for that. If he were to mention the fact that the buyer would then STILL have to buy an amp he'd probably be less likely to get it sold.

Sure, I could be wrong. In fact I hope that I am. But if I were to sell something on ebay I would be listing everything I could to make sure it was an honest sale with NO surprises.

Dan Hine

JamesFarina

Agent
Hope this helps to solve the mystery. This person has been on the svs web site because the picture he has of the sub is from the svs site. Why couldn't he use his own picture? Something to think about.

JIM

(Holding up $10 trying to make a dime)

Kevin T

Screenwriter
rajee:

now that i think of it...if his sub sells i should charge him a finder's fee because of all the "publicity" i drummed up for him. hehe.

kevin t

RichardH

Supporting Actor
Yeah, it seems strange that he didn't just try to sell it here. Would probably sell faster and for more money...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks