What's new

SVS Dual SS on Ebay (1 Viewer)

ReiTomai

Auditioning
Hi all, I've been lurking here a while and have decided to get myself an SVS sub.

I came across an auction on ebay for a pair of SS subs. As I'm not allow to post links (cause I'm a new user?) you'll have to do a search yourself (I searched for 'svs sub*').

This guy has a starting point at half the cost of retail?! What does everyone think of this?

Do these subs use the same drivers as the Ultra series? I did a search but only found info dating back to 2001-2002.

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
Yeah the SS uses the Ultra driver. It's ported to 16hz. But knowing the idiots o ebay they'll probably go for 10x the value! :-D

They're passive, so require decent amplification (ie Crown K2) and might also need the SVS Bass Interface Box - or BIB- for short ;-)

So you can tell the wife you're going to buy a Bib and use it! :-D

ReiTomai

Auditioning
This guy is selling the Crown K1 amp with the 2 SS subs. Is this powerful enough? Isn't that the sub that SVS sells as part of their package?

As a side note, can I assume all SVS power numbers are RMS?

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
Yeah the K1 is the package.

An no, the output from SVS subs are not RMS, they're PMPO. So the SS only outputs 5W RMS! ;-)

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
You might want to e-mail the seller for the Serial #'s for each unit and the Crown ... then get with SVS Tech Support to check on warranty time remaining.

ReiTomai

Auditioning
Are you serious? SVS ratings are PMPO!?? I could have sworn they were RMS.

Anyway the K1 should be plenty powerful not so? Otherwise SVS wouldn't bundle it as a package, right?

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
He's jerking your chain on the RMS...Little smile their at the end of his post.

Email the seller for the subs serial numbers and then email SVS for a sub fax report, only if your SERIOUS about pursuing the auction..

The seller should have no problem giving you this information and anything else you might ask if he's straight up.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks