SVS Demo at Phil Hamm's HT Meet THIS WEEKEND 2/9/02

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bruce N, Feb 6, 2002.

1. Bruce N

Bruce N Second Unit

I'll be demoing one or both of my SVS 20-39CS Subwoofers and a 300 watt per channel Fidek amp this weekend at Phil Hamm's HT Meet! If you're in the area come check them out for yourself!
    Bruce

2. Mark Austin

Mark Austin Supporting Actor

I was going to offer to send him a "digital coax" you all could try out at the meet, but he is never around. [​IMG]

3. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

Bruce and Phil,

We have an unwritten (well it used to be unwritten ;^) policy that says anyone taking the time to demo an SVS at a meet deserves a bit extra for it.

We're going to send three SVS t-shirts. One for Bruce one for Phil and one for the lucky winner of the "how many different kinds of beer does Phil have in his fridge?" contest.

Are you sure we can't convince you to bring one of your Plus subs and and the Samson too? ;^)

Phil, e-mail me your house address and I'll get them out today (this way Bruce HAS to show, only way he'll score the shirt! ;^0

PS No truth to the rumor that Phil get's a kick back on every SVS sold as a result of the meet!

Ron

4. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

Mark,
    Actually It would be a trivial matter to hook up my Pioneer CLD-99 to my pre/pro using coax and test the cable. We just may do that if there's interest. There's definitely interest for me to do it myself. [​IMG]
    But I think it would be more interesting to switch between ATRAC 4.5 MiniDisc and the original CD.
    Ron,
    Thanks for the offer! Actually Andrej Dolnic (sp? - sorry Andrej!) demoed an SVS last year at my meet and it was impressive. Nothing compared to the early prototypes I heard at your place in Mount Vernon way back when, but impressive nonetheless. [​IMG]

5. Shawn Sefranek

Shawn Sefranek Second Unit

6. Mark Austin

Mark Austin Supporting Actor

I sent you an email Philip. I can send it out today, and it should be there by Saturday. I just need an address.

7. Bruce N

Bruce N Second Unit

Free SVS T-shirt! Sweet! XL for me please!
    Hey Ron! This isn't the first demo I've given. I had folks drive all the way from Richmond (about 125 miles one way) to demo my setup. The power went out before they got here so they never got to hear them. John Hergenrather bought a set of b-stocks from you after just seeing mine! How's that for the power of an SVS demo? [​IMG]
    Bruce

8. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

Hey I was thinking, we really should hook up both subs. I assume the Fidek is a stereo amp? We can use the stereo sub output feature on the Outlaw ICBM and actually run stereo subs! Freakin' cool, huh?

9. NathanP

NathanP Supporting Actor

Well... I just demo'd my SVS subwoffers at afriends house, do me and him get a t-shirt? [​IMG]

10. Bruce N

Bruce N Second Unit

Hey Phil! I told ya we should hook 'em both up! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Bruce

11. Bruce N

Bruce N Second Unit

Just a reminder that this is tomorrow.

12. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

Well, the meet just ended, it was a lot of fun, and I have to say the performance of the SVS/Fidek combo was very damn impressive. Thanks to Ron for the T-Shirts, they were appreciated. Using the Outlaw ICBM we were able to set up a stereo array for the two tubes and the effect was very powerful. We did bottom out one of them (oops!) on an especially loud part of the Fox Demo Disc. Otherwise the performance was outstanding. I particularly liked the bass response at the beginning of the the Sting "Brand New Day" DTS CD.