What's new

SVS Custom? (1 Viewer)

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
I felt like my SVS PCi was just a little....um drab. So The current plan is to liven it up a bit. Thecycle shop thinks they can chrome-plate the top grill without any problem, and I was thinking of just adding some flames on the tube, to give it a Hot-Rod look.

Anybody else hae a better idea, or even pictures of visually improved audio components?:D

Mike_Skeway

Second Unit
A lot of people mod their gaming consoles. Several companies even make kits and parts for the appearance of your gaming console.

As for your sub, I have not seen it. However, that does not mean that you should not do it. :D

I say, make it look how you like, then post some pics. :emoji_thumbsup:

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
I should do a poll.besides the "Hot-Rod", other theme ideas include:

*Camoflage
*covered in skulls & 3" spikes (aka. the SVS of Doom!)
*Lime green
*giant duracell battery
*horns, eyes, & teeth. as per the animation
*giant spider legs & large eyeball graphic
*shark face/airplane nose art

If anybody has any other ideas, feel free to post them here. I am going to start by taking a picture and photoshop-ing a few ideas to get a good idea what the finished project will look like.

Now someone needs to tell me how to post pictures so I can get some feedback on this artistic mission.

Mike_Skeway

Second Unit
How about a combo of flames, 2, 5, and 6?
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
How about a copy of the Master Control Program from Tron?

Make it look like an actual water heater and put some fake pipes to the side of the tube going into your wall or down into the floor. You would have all sorts of people asking why your water heater is in your living room and you could really mess with them. Or you could say something like "Heh. Did you hear my new water heater? It is making this loud rumbling noise!" at which time you go put on Toy Story II and play it back at reference.

Parker

BradZ

Stunt Coordinator
someone around here has a homemade sonotube sub that was painted like a lifesaver roll. not my taste, but he might have some tips for your project. I like the life-size sub human idea.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Update.

I still don't know how to post a picture. Do I need to keep the picture on a seperate archival website and just link it?

As for the SVS "any questions" animation submonster. This has been determined to be worthless. The horns are easy enough to see, but the temporary styrofoam teeth are just not visible to people (Unless maybe they are lying on the floor).

This despite the fact I had plans to wire in red neon lighting and LED "eyes" that would light-up everytime bass hit. It would have looked cool. But nobody could see the face. Just keeping lights may be an option. The ricer kids will go nuts.

I check the apartments water heater, its a big red box. I don't think it will look very good.

Then I looked at my tattoos and figured a simple "tribal" graphic pattern in red or silver might look good, but not be "too much".

Anyway, back to the drawing board! (Literally).

WayneO

Supporting Actor
You can do that or hit the image button and have the image in your post. Either way it needs to be hosted somewhere on the web.

luke_ha

Stunt Coordinator
you could make it look like a glass with a cat stuck in it screaming to be let out.

I dont like cats much.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks