What's new

SVS CS Ultra vs CS Plus (1 Viewer)

Mike Sloan

Second Unit
What are the differences between these 2 models? I know the CS ultra line uses the mid-size sub(20-39 enclosure). Why would it not be better to go with dual 16-46's with the Sampson 1000 watt amp? Are there other differences in the Ultra line? I will be setting these up in a "great Room" where the ceilings are 18 feet and the room opens up into the dinning room...very poor environment but its all I have. I need Max performance from the subs! The dual CS-Ultra costs more than the CS plus line....what gives....?:b

John F. Palacio

Supporting Actor
I have dual 16-46 CS+s' in a large (16'x24' - 16' ceiling) that opens up to the rest of the house like yours. They have performed very well. In previous posts SVS has stated that dual 16-46 CS+'s will outperform a SINGLE Ultra.

The Ultra driver is almost twice the cost of the + driver and that accounts for the difference in price.

I would send Tom Vodhanel at SVS a layout of your room and your listening preferences and he will steer you in the right direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks