What's new

SVS CS Ultra PC is in the house!! (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Rafster:
quote: Welcome to the world of the sub-humans. What took you so long?[/quote]
You would have to ask Tom and Ron about this. I had to wait and wait
frown.gif
.....it was that Tom is such as bass head perfectionist that he kept tweaking and tweaking to get THE best version of the CS-Ultra PC that you can get.
BTW, how is the VanEvers working out?
Parker

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
>>>You would have to ask Tom and Ron about this. I had to wait and wait .....it was that Tom is such as bass head perfectionist that he kept tweaking and tweaking to get THE best version of the CS-Ultra PC that you can get.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
quote: BTW, how is the VanEvers working out?
[/quote]
The jury is still out on this and it's a hard one to run any A/B tests on because of the nature of the VW10HT (long start up time).
(For those of you lurking, Packy sent me a VansEvers Model 11 power unit to try out on my SONY VW10HT).
It certainly isn't hurting the system and, I would imagine, is protecting it a bit during any power fluctuations. As I told you, it's difficult (if not impossible) to run any A/B tests to see if the picture is improved or not with the Model 11 in the circuit. The SONY VW10HT projector takes about a minute or so to warm up every time you turn it on so I can't do a simple A/B comparison like I can with various DVD players, for example. And, more importantly, the worst thing you can do to affect the life of a projection bulb (and this one costs $450) is to turn it on and off in relatively rapid succession (I even think there's a ciruit that prevents you from doing this) so switching the VE #11 in and out of the circuit is not really an option.
Finally, I'm of the opinion that I have relatively clean power to start with, so the effect of the VE would not be that great. I'm watching movies with it now in place and, of course, they look great on the SONY 9000ES. And at least I have the peace of mind that the VE is providing a measure of protection and clean power just in case.
As soon as I get some time to update my HT website (long overdue) I'm going to include a small section detailing my thoughts on this item as well as some other enhancements.
Thanks.
------------------
RAF
[Demented Video Dude since 1997]
[Computer Maven since 1956]
["PITA" since 1942]
Link Removed

Bruce N

Second Unit
At the risk of pulling this thread off topic...
I put a VansEvers Model 11 Video on my Pioneer PRO-710HD and there is no doubt in my mind that it has improved the picture. Blacker blacks, richer colors, clearer picture.
I added it mostly for protection and was not looking for video improvement. I hooked it up and later that evening my wife said "Did you calibrate the TV? It looks alot better." We did a few A/B comparisons and I'm convinced. It looks better.
Not to mention what the Model 85 and Unlimiter did for the rest of the system.
Bruce
------------------
"Why do I sense we've picked up another pathetic lifeform?"

Eugene Hsieh

Supporting Actor
So is it louder, deeper, and tighter than the non-Ultra line? Or is it "just" louder and deeper?
Eug
(25-31PC owner in desparate need of good equalization. RP91 coming soon though...
drool.gif

------------------

Kelly Scott Rickards

Stunt Coordinator
I must be confused...
I thought Digital amps were supposed to be this great future technology.....
Are Digital Amps all their cracked up to be???

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Raf:
Since you are one of the upgrade kings around here you deserve it to yourself to get the CS-Ultra package for the absolute best bass you can have in your HT.
Tom and Ron have out done themselves with these puppies. Not just in the amount of clean bass produced but the overall impact of what they add to the sound in your HT and your music collection.
Parker

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
>>>So is it louder, deeper, and tighter than the non-Ultra line? Or is it "just" louder and deeper?>I must be confused...
I thought Digital amps were supposed to be this great future technology.....
Are Digital Amps all their cracked up to be???

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Since you are one of the upgrade kings around here you deserve it to yourself to get the CS-Ultra package for the absolute best bass you can have in your HT.
Packy,
Since, as you know, I own an Impala SS, I'm hoping that T&R will give me a sweet deal on SS16-46PC Serial #0001 for old times sake!
laugh.gif

------------------
RAF
["PITA" since 1942]
Link Removed

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Raf:
If anyone should get #001 it should be you. That's for sure.
Tom and Ron:
Save #001 of the SS16-46PC for RAF. (Oh and BTW. Give him a sweat deal!)
Parker

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Actually, I would prefer a sweet deal to a sweat deal.
Unless of course, it involved a couple of Playboy models!
laugh.gif

Come to think of it, even a sweet deal might be a problem, with my diabetes.
wink.gif

Maybe I just need one of the deals you and Ronbo got, Packy!
(Wink, Wink. Nudge, Nudge.)
------------------
RAF
["PITA" since 1942]
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks