What's new

SVS CS 25-31 with surround reciver (1 Viewer)

ericLee

Stunt Coordinator
I'm interesed in using a Pioneer D510 reciver to power an SvS sub. it's rated at 100X5(80X5) on some sites. I've heard that even a $100 KLH reciver can power an svs but i've also read that someone's sony reciver cliped and wasn't able to power the svs. Is anyone else out there using a budget class japanese reciver to power an svs. How would you go about connecting it too. I was thinking that in order to use all it's power you could split the sub out from another reciver in to 5 channels and plug them into the 5 channel analog inputs. then set all the channels to large with 0 distance. Then twist all the wires from the reciver into 1 +- then plug that into the sub. I figure that all the channels would contribute and this would take advantage of all the power avalible. Once you have that setup how would you go about calibrating the sub with the rest of the system? How do lower the crossover settings? the crossover in my marantz is fixed at 100 .

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
Don't go twisting amp channels together. Not unless you like fires in your HT.

I once used an old 40w per channel HK receiver to run my 20*39 and it was fine as long as I didn't try to tear down the walls with it. It simply ran out of gas.

Just connect a mono RCA cable from the Marantz to whatever else you want to use to amp the SVS (KLH is fine, but why not use the PE 300-794). If using the KLH, use the CD input (left or right) jack and wire the corresponding speaker output to the SVS. If you think it helps, swing the balance control over that way as well.

Then set the Marantz's sub level (not lfe or anything) to 3/4 of the way down, and twist the sub amp's volume knob to bring up the level. An spl level meter will help here, along with a test disc (Avia).

Not much can be done about the crossover.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks