SVS cs+ 20-39 enough?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Brian Fineberg, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Brian Fineberg

Brian Fineberg Second Unit

I am going to be moving my HT in a new room...which is 17x12 with 19' cielings.......what can I expect from my 20-39cs+ run by a samson 1000?? I was wondering if I waill even come close to reference levels....right now I am in a 12x12 room so I am really used to reference bass. any help would greatly be appreciated....also there is exposed brick and wood floors if that helps at all.

Brian

2. Jon_Liu

Jon_Liu Stunt Coordinator

Brian,

Seems to me... if my math is correct, you have roughly 3800+ cubic feet to fill. That's a tall order for a decent amount of subs. Personally I, for one, would probably go with another sub to fill such a room.

Just to clarify, you said 19' ceilings? That's a tall room! if that's the case... you might want to either upgrade to another cs+ or just go with an entirely different sub, like the PB12-Ultra/2. I don't know what your money allotment is like.

Anyway, I hope this helps!

3. Brian Bowles

Brian Bowles Second Unit

I have the same amp and sub but I have two of those subs in a room that is 20x18 with 12' ceilings. The only real way to tell is to hook it up and try it.

4. Brian Fineberg

Brian Fineberg Second Unit

Yeah it is a loft type room...hence the 19' ceilings...If it is not enough would you recommend at least bass shakers to hold me over until I can get more sub? Thanks for the input guys! I appreciate it

Brian