SVS comparison chart?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by MarkMac, Sep 18, 2003.

1. MarkMac

MarkMac Stunt Coordinator

I currently have an SVS 20-39PCi, but only for another week. It was packaged as part of the deal on the house we just sold. Anyway, once our new house is ready, I'm going to be building a HT room in the basement. It'll consist of a 7.1 or 7.2 Klipsch Reference 7 system w/SVS sub(s).

My question is which sub will it be? The room will be 21x16x8 with a carpeted concrete floor. The walls will be 5/8" drywall, and the ceiling will be a drop ceiling with acoustical tiles. Originally, I had been thinking PB2+ or PB2-ISD, but what I can't seem to find are comparisons between the SVS lineup. For instance, how would a pair of 20-39PC+s stack up against the PB2+, etc.

Can anyone provide a comparison chart? I'm mainly interested in the Powered subs, but if you've got a chart for the full lineup, let 'er rip!

2. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

You should just email Ron/Tom and ask. They'll help you narrow things down and explain things more thoroughly (and obviously from a point of very thorough knowledge about ALL their subs).

And i recall some specific comparisons about the PB2+ versus the PC+ line, and you can try searching around for that.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...=&pagenumber=1

That thread has a bunch of cross-comparisons if i recall as well, it's 8 pages, so i'll let you peruse that one too.

Good luck! [​IMG]

3. MikeLi

MikeLi Supporting Actor

I too would advise to call Ron at SVS and give him your room specs. He will let you know which one will work perfect.