What's new

SVS box vs Adire Dharman (1 Viewer)

Greg Kolinski

Second Unit
Both these subs are about the same price and specs.Only difference is that the Adire might have a little more SPL .
I'm split 50/50 on which way to go.Both companys appear to have incredable customer service etc.Any thoughts ,or is it so close its just "do I want a black sub,or a venier"?

Thanks
Greg

Martice

Screenwriter
Either one should do the trick for you. The difference between a lot of similar products around here are very minimal especially if you're not doing a side by side comparison. Go with the one that fits your bill and if SPL's is what you want, then for peace of mind, go with the one with the most SPL.

However, if sound 'QUALITY' is what you're after, then you'd have to drag them both in and do some listening and decide which one you prefer.

Good Luck

Greg Kolinski

Second Unit
Thanks Martice:D ,kinda what I thought.I guess I just need to "pull the trigger" and flip a coin:D They both seem so close and you never hear bad stuff about either one.I've been flopping between these and a DIY for a month or so,and kinda ruled out a DIY for now,will probobly do a set of smaller less exspensive speakers for my first DIY.

Greg

TonyiBe

Stunt Coordinator
Greg,

I built a Dharman clone and am VERY happy with it. I had to borrow tools to make it but all in all i saved some money. I also bought the materials to make a sonotube Shiva. Which i will do this coming weekend. If you have the time i would go DIY, if not i recommend either. It just depends if you want a cylinder sub or a box.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks