SVS / Bettercables High Power Wires

JackIR

Stunt Coordinator
I'm using cheapo Home Depot 12 gauge wire between my SVS Ultra sub and amp. I saw the SVS / Bettercables High Power sub cables at the SVS web site. Please give me your opinion on the cables, and if you think they are worth the money over the cheap stuff. (yes, i know this is highly subjective)

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
i understand that some time ago, SVS provided generic wires (like what you're using) with their units. They then entered into a partnership with Better Cables. If you read the SVS website carefully, they state...
We often tell folks that are on a tight budget to get good quality 12 or 14 gauge wire for their passive sub packages, and just enjoy the bass. Those that want to spend more, and show off their system in the process, need look no further than the new high-power wires from Bettercables.
SVS is making no claims of audibility for the Bettercable. All they're saying is if you want to spend more and are interested in the cosmetic concerns of your wires. If that's the case, and appearance is important, then by all means examine their offering as well as that of other vendors. If you're hiding the wires why bother?

SanfordL

Stunt Coordinator
Just remember, that Home Repot wire has an ugly tendency to corrode over time which could have bad effects on your components. Check this one out http://www.sundial.net/~rogerr/wire.htm for some pictures a good ways down I think I remember. Also note, the link pretty much agrees with Chu completely.
Good luck.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
70MM Ultra pana