SVS Bass Interface Box and Exceptional Customer Service

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Mike Gl, May 23, 2003.

1. Mike Gl

Mike Gl Stunt Coordinator

I purchased a used SVS Bass Interface Box about six months ago from a member of this forum. It added punch, phase control and a subsonic filter to my dual CS+ 20-39 subs driven by a Samson S1000. I split the LFE signal to another amp driving 6 bass shakers. The addition of the SVS interface helped drive the Samson S1000 and second amp (a Rotel 980BX) easily to reference levels.

The SVS Bass Interface Box also introduced some hum that was not present without it. After trying the usual approaches (e.g., lifting the ground to the Samson amp, improving cable TV ground, using a ground isolator on cable) to eliminate the hum without success, I sent a note to SVS seeking advice. Without hesitation Tom V. offered to exchange my second-hand SVS Bass Interface Box for the current improved version at no charge.

The new SVS Bass interface is now in my system. It represents a significant improvement over the previous version.

For those reluctant to purchase products over the internet, be assured that SVS will go the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction.

2. James Edward

James Edward Supporting Actor

Usually people complain about customer service from SVS. I'm glad at least you had a good experience... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Mike Sloan

Mike Sloan Second Unit

James...on the contrary...SVS customer service is legendary! Did I read your post correctly?

4. James Edward

James Edward Supporting Actor

Uh oh... I have to stop try to be humorous. If my post was mis-interpreted, I apologize. :b That's why I put 3 'big grins' after it.

Yes- I also agree that the SVS customer service is exemplary. I own 2 SVS's myself, and any questions have been answered promptly and correctly. Tom even helped me track down a problem that was unrelated to one of his subs.

So, to be completely unambiguous, SVS service is:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

This is how far there service can go.>>>
    >
    The other day I received a Email tracking notification from UPS and I noticed it said as a reference number CS. I got to thinking about this because I ordered a CS+ and on my previous order the reference number I received stated CS+. So I went ahead and gave Erik in sales a call. He informed me all was well and it was just a typo on UPS's part. What really impressed me was that when I made the call, I reached him on his cell phone while he was in transit. I don't know if I was patched through or if he regularly uses a cell phone for his calls or what? I just called Erik's regular sales number.....Conclusion imo>> "When a Company goes to this extent to RECEIVE there calls you know your in good hands".
    >
    James> I knew you were just playing right away but then I read names along with the post. So I get a good idea what is really being said in the post. We all know how easy it is to be take-in wrong-misunderstood in regular conversation and possibly this could be times 10 fold communicating over the Internet?
    >
    Mike> I'll get that to you by the end of Sunday.