What's new

SVS = Bad Neighbors...? (1 Viewer)

TravisEtherton

Stunt Coordinator
I just got through watching Monsters Inc with the Kids. Popcorn and all. Halfway through the Movie I hear someone knocking on the Front Door. All the way to the door I was thinking "What a Jerk" "Interupting our Movie" "This had better be Good". It was. The Neighbors called the Police. From what I gather my SVS (20/31 PCi) was rattling their dishes. I'm not in an apartment either, they are a good 10-15 yards from our house to theirs. What a bunch of BS. I guess i could either A.) Apologize or B.) put in Return of the King for a Double Feature. I need some words of wisdom here guys.

Thanks Travis

On another note - About 2 weeks ago I asked them to clean up a few Beer Bottles the Broke in my Driveway. I ended up cleaning them myself. Payback Time..?:D

Matt_Smi

Second Unit
Real Name
blank
They broke beer bottles in your driveway and never cleaned them up, yet you want to apologize? I think we all know what the mature adult thing to do here is, option B. all the way :D

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

Yup, choice "B" all the way. :D :D

There should also be a choice "C":

C: Add another SVS (20/31 PCi) and send 'em packin' :D

Rock on ...

Ryan Leemhuis

Second Unit
Do a test yourself and see if you can hear and of the subs low frequencies near their house. If the cop comes again...tell him they are lying

ChrisBee

Stunt Coordinator
Travis

Could your neighbours be unhappy because your sub broke their beer bottles in the first place? ;)

Upgrading by adding another PCi will only help to escalate this local feud.

Perhaps you should you really be considering a pair of Ultras?

M.A.D. (Mutually Assured Destruction)

Power so overwhelming they can't begin to retaliate at the same level. :D

ChrisBee

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
In all seriousness, I know it can be real tough to live next to neighbors who you don't get along with. Neighbors who are of a different generation that you are assume that when they hear a little bass that you're some "head banger" jamming on some major heavy metal music - not watching some innocent movie with your children with some great bass tracks on it.

In the order of "good relations" have you considered inviting the neighbors over for a movie? I'm sure then they'd understand that the sounds were due to a good purpose and they might even feel a little guilty about making the first complaint. However, I do understand that there are just some neighbors you might not want to get along with at this level.

But, if they are really put off by noise, you could mow your lawn at 8:00 A.M. on a Saturday morning. You wouldn't be breaking any laws, but certainly, if they are ones to sleep in, the mower sound would get to them a bit.

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Retaliation and payback is never a solution. An invite over to watch a movie is the most acceptable answer. Perhaps a neighborly attitude is infectious....

TravisEtherton

Stunt Coordinator
I thought about it. Inviting them over and all but... They are a bunch of party types. I would not want to get that started. First it would be "Could I borrow a cup of Sugar" and before you know it "Oh - I borrowed your SVS while you were at work, didn't think you'd mind" type of thing. I am only 27 years old and these guys have to be mid-30s. They all live in a 1 Bedroom apartment type of thing. I've counted at least 6 people staying there. Some sort of weird cultish thing going on there. They just called the Police to be Jerks. They could here it outside, I doubt (but wish it did) rattle their Dishes.

Hey this sounds like a good Thread - Someone start a topic called "War Stories" and everyone can post their own Police/Neighbor/Landlord/Ect... stories. This would probably be quite amusing. Don't forget about the mother of all fights "Wife/Girlfriends".

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
yes, and while they're mesmerized by that particularly bassy scene, you can pop up from behind the sofa and bop 'em on the head with a tire iron.

Lee-c

Supporting Actor
Well, the sort of trash that would break beer bottles on your driveway and then not even
clean them up aren't the sort that most decent people would want to invite into their house
under any circumstance. So the "let's hang out and watch a movie" idea may not be an acceptable
option in this type of situation.

This notion that their dishes are rattling that far away sounds unlikely, but it would be interesting
to play a movie loud like you would while watching it and then go over to listen just outside their
apartment to get a feel for how loud it might be inside the apartment.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

The original poster indicated that he doesn't live in an apartment - this is a house and his neighbors are 10-15 yards away from his.

Dan D Burke

Agent
Didn't know paper "dishes"would rattle.

Guess I'm lucky, neighbors are my landlords and they don't care how loud I crank it. And they feed me too:D :D

Lee-c

Supporting Actor
The neighbors do live in an apartment, and that was who I was referring to.
Notice that I said "outside their apartment".

Jeff W.

Stunt Coordinator
What did the cops say?

What are the noise laws in your town?

If it was after 8am and before 11pm, tell them to go screw... err.. tell them to A) move or B) invest in a pair of earplugs. You are well within your rights to play a little music/etc as long as you're not violating your local noise curfew.

Lee-c

Supporting Actor
"I am only 27 years old and these guys have to be mid-30s. They all live in a 1 Bedroom apartment type of thing."

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Dang, that sucks! The whole point of getting a house is so you can blast your movies/music (at reasonable hours) and not have to worry about your neighbors!!!

My TV and other electronics get here this week sometime. I can hardly wait to see how many minutes it will take for the first neighbor to bang on my door at 7:00PM when I fire up the SVS. :frowning:

I can't WAIT to buy a house.

Oh, BTW, this comment:

irked me a little. Though I don't look it (I'm military) I AM a "Heavy Metal Headbanger." I listen to lots of "evil, loud music about drugs, sex and the devil." And I also watch Monsters Inc, Elmo and other family type viewing when my son comes over. The two are not mutually exclusive and the type of music a person listens to does not automatically put them in a lower social or mental category.

Now, if I had a lowered Navigator with 25" rims sitting outside...;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks