What's new

SVS B4 Plus Subwoofer (1 Viewer)

Simon Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Well I consider myself a bass nut and I went to the SVS web site and I'm amazed. The B4 Plus looks like one amazing subwoofer and the price is very resonable. I currently own a Whise Profunder 319a which is an Australian brand. Their products are very good but I think the SVS B4 Plus could be alot better. Has anyone bought or heard one of these yet as I'm curious to know what their opinion of them is.

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Hope you've got a 1Kw or better amp. You need a powerful amp with this beast.

RichardH

Supporting Actor
I don't even want to think about shipping cost to Australia for that sub :frowning:

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Somehow, I think if you can afford the B4, that shipping isn't much of an issue. Kind of like saying "I wonder if I can afford the insurance on the Enzo?"

;) :)

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Simon,

I don't know of too many reviews, but there's been a few owners of that sub on this forum. A quick search should yield plenty of results.

I know John Johnson over at secrets did a review: Secrets review.

There's also this fluff piece over at soundstage.com. While not particularly useful, the B4 keeps fairly nice company in the retail world.

-Robb

Simon Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Well I contacted SVS and the cost for shipping to my door is $695.00. I currectly own a Whise Profunder 319a which can be found at their web site search for Whise Audio in google and you will find it. Let me know what your impressions are about this Sub. On a finishing note I just like to say that the guys at SVS are the nicest people I've had the pleasure of talking to. Thank you Tom and Erik for your time and assistance. I may be the first Australian to buy the B4+. :)

TommyL

Supporting Actor
Hey Simon...check out my thread over at avs....we all flip flop from site to site...its a good way to spread reports about things. I have dealt with tom/rom for over a year..great people, and always take care of you...It is one amazing sub...VERY well crafted, tight, colors galore, and very accurate. You can speak with Tom V. but I don't think you need a full 1k amp to run it...it just gives ya headroom:) this sub is well worth the money...hands down. here is the thread...ask away...there are 3-4 waiting for them to ship as we speak..so the excitement is brewing!

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0&pagenumber=1

Rudi B

Stunt Coordinator
700 bucks just for shipping? Uh-oh... How about dual PB-2+?

I don't know, but 700... A LOT, and I paid less for shipping AND customs for a PB-2+... :)

TommyL

Supporting Actor
Yes, it may seem like a lot, but at 2499+700 its still one helluva bargain...for a sub this powerful, and beautiful(for the WAF) really, if you go with a say qsc 1450 watt amp (300 bucks or so) you've shaved off 700 right there..as the crown k1 was just a hair over a grand...I had no problem spending the money..would I have paid 700 more after hearing/seeing it..hell ya! Just remember, this is one piece you won't have to upgrade possibly ever...I run mine in a 4500 CF room, and it blows it to pieces :) If you have any questions, email me or drop it here(or PM) I'd be happy to help ya out. Tom

Simon Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Well I just found out that the price for shipping was in US dolllars and as the Austrlalian dollar is trading at 71c to 1 US dollar the cost comes to around $972.00. Thats quite alot for shipping but my sister works for an American import company so I will see if they can pick it up for me and deliver it as well. I still have to pay for the space on the truck but it wont be as much as quoted for UPS. I really want this Subwoofer so I may give in and pay the price.I'm sure the rewards will make me forget about everything else.:)

TommyL

Supporting Actor
I hope that works out Simon! Thanks would be great....as I stated, the sub is well, well worth the cash...How big is your room, and do you have an amp now? You maybe able to use a Pb2 Ultra if its not a huge huge room...look into it...I love my B4+, and would highly recommend it to anyone, but if you have a room say 12x15 or something...you may have damage to your room getting this:)

Colin.C

Auditioning
Not to put a dampener on things, but you will also need to factor in duty (5% x Cost) and GST [10% x (Cost + Shipping + Duty)]. Good luck and let us know how you get on!

PS. If there is anyone in Sydney, Oz who may be willing to demo a PB2+ or ISD for me, please let me know.

TommyL

Supporting Actor
man, they get ya good don't they! oh well, skimp on something else...maybe a cheaper amp...that'll pay for shipping itself:)

Simon Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you for everyones comments especially you Tommy. My room isn't that big but I'm buying a house next year so I have to look long term. I will be getting the Crown K1 amp with the sub as it will be a perfect match for it. My brother has offered to pay for shipping as he rents with me and he wanted to contribute to my home threatre as he users it as much as me. Well it's looking more likly that I will have this sub by the end of this year if all goes well. I will keep you posted.

I have a question for john doran, what did you pay for shipping to toronto???? cause i was looking at the p2b+ and thinking what the shipping may cost to toronto.

TommyL

Supporting Actor
Your welcome Simon! I say go for it! Sounds like you have things in order...you won't be disappointed..and as with me and the crown K1...yes, it is a great match, and I am fired up for ya going with that too...SVS offers a good deal on it too! Any other questions, hollar! tom

Simon Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Colin you mention duty and gst.Are you sure that I will have to pay these things? The shipping cost that SVS quoted me was from them to my door. The other option was to pick it up from the airport and the difference in cost was $95.00. If I do have to pay duty and gst at what point do I get charged? If the item arrives to my door will there be additonal cost involved to the delivery guy? If you could let me know I would really appreciate it thanks.

Colin.C

Auditioning
Yes, duty and GST will be payable given the value of the subwoofer. It your responsibility to pay this amount - SVS does not include this in their price. You would normally pay the duty and GST to the courier company before they release the goods into your possession.

You will pay slightly less GST if you pick up the subwoofer from the airport as GST is also levied on the shipping charge.

If you need more information, try calling the Customs info line during business hours: 1300 363 263

Simon Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Damm I was hoping that wasn't the case.They certainatly know how to hit the hip pocket with imports. Thanks very much for the infomation I'll call that number and find out for sure what I will get hit with. Based on current exchange rates I've worked out if the sub costs $5811.28(Australian) which includes shipping then the cost for duty and gst will be $963.00.All up it will be around $6,682.98 approx if nothing changes. I can live with that:) .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks